Cheapest external HD online?

Backup to two places to eliminate disastrous loss
1wjfq

I just have to figure out what my second backup will be. I had thought of online storage, but they're too slow for uploads and from what have seen in the past not reliable in the sense that sometimes these sites shut down.

newegg.com is where I've been purchasing computer parts (aside from the computer itself) for over a decade; a quick check there shows Western Digital 3Tb drives for $109 each... buy two of them and start backing up your data...

newegg.com is where I've been purchasing computer parts (aside from the computer itself) for over a decade; a quick check there shows Western Digital 3Tb drives for $109 each... buy two of them and start backing up your data...[/QUOT

I will take a look around thank you for the heads up on the info and price. Got to back up lots!

Western Digital makes pretty reliable drives.

Stay away from Seagate, though. Apparently their drives are prone to failure.

I see some things haven't changed then. Back in the late 80's or early 90's my first couple of home PCs had Seagate drives, to which other drives were fitted. Of the 4 drives I used Two failed just a couple of months after their warantee expired. I complained to Seagate after the second one but got no joy. Since then I've never brought another Seagate & never had a drive failure!

Capacities on the other hand have changed somewhat. My first hard drive - brought used before I had a PC - had what seemed like endless storage a whole 10MB , If I could have the money it cost to spend now I could get a decent external 4TB drive and a few 16GB memory cards with the change. (Not a bad Idea as my internal drives on desktop & laptop are both getting rather full!)

Western Digital makes pretty reliable drives.

Stay away from Seagate, though. Apparently their drives are prone to failure.

I see some things haven't changed then. Back in the late 80's or early 90's my first couple of home PCs had Seagate drives, to which other drives were fitted. Of the 4 drives I used Two failed just a couple of months after their warantee expired. I complained to Seagate after the second one but got no joy. Since then I've never brought another Seagate & never had a drive failure!

Capacities on the other hand have changed somewhat. My first hard drive - brought used before I had a PC - had what seemed like endless storage a whole 10MB , If I could have the money it cost to spend now I could get a decent external 4TB drive and a few 16GB memory cards with the change. (Not a bad Idea as my internal drives on desktop & laptop are both getting rather full!)

I hear you petro. Times have sure changed!! Used to be gigabytes was alot, but now it doesn't cut it. I'm going with WD for sure.

Most reactions

Back