Cheapest starter DSLR from Canon

crypticlineage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new on this forum. I am a biologist and have always had an interest in photography, although I only have had point and shoot cameras so far. I cant stand those cameras anymore and would like to get my hands on the cheapest digital SLR from Canon. Yes I do like Canon and would like to stick with them.

I would be buying it on eBay so it does not have to be in production. Any recommendations / advice from you guys would prove very useful. Since I price is the main concern/limiting factor, I may be willing to go with other brands if I absolutely must.

Please consider me the absolute newb in the SLR world. Thank you all.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are planning on buying on Ebay, I assume you don't mind used, so why don't you look at a used 10D. You can probably find one for around $600 now.

It is virtually the same body as the 20D, with a 6mp sensor.

Welcome from a fellow biologist.

I'd get anything except D30. 300D, 10D, 350D, 1D mk1... Also I'd consider a kodak dslr with a canon mount.

What are you planning to shoot?

Did you mean you'd *not* get anything other than the ones you listed? I would like to shoot nature, birds and sometimes human beings. I know I need a good zoom lens for that, but right now money is a limiting factor so I would go with something basic. I am kind of disappointed to see that no DSLR goes below $500-600 on eBay.

crypticlineage said:
Did you mean you'd *not* get anything other than the ones you listed? I would like to shoot nature, birds and sometimes human beings. I know I need a good zoom lens for that, but right now money is a limiting factor so I would go with something basic. I am kind of disappointed to see that no DSLR goes below $500-600 on eBay.

We're still in the frenzy stage where DSLR cameras have suddenly become affordable and accessible to the masses. It should settle down soon, but at the moment, DSLR cameras are frequently going for more than the market rate on eBay.

Rob

i would say, just look for a used body ... either 300D or 350D ... then with the money saved, you can also look for a used lens too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back