Cheapest way purchasing and develpoing film?

PlasticSpanner said:
you're correct in that 100' means 100 feet.

The bulk film comes in one long roll & you cut it to your required legnth.

and then put it in film canisters and use it? ( may be just geting this )

duncanp said:
and then put it in film canisters and use it? ( may be just geting this )

Yep.

You load the film onto the spool in a canister with a film loader so as to keep it unexposed to light, & cut the film when you've loaded the required number of frames. (There's usually a frame counter on the loader.)

Fate said:
Just go digital :D I dont think i could ever go back to be film to be honest, i do lurrrve digital :D

What are you doing in the Film Discussion forum? :playball:

Just kidding. :lol: Someone worked out the true costs of digital over film and found little difference! :p

Hello,
Sometime back I was thinking about loading my own film and bought a Watson film loader. What film loader would you consider the best and easiest to use? Also what is the easiest way to develop B&W film i.e. which containers etc. ?
I currently use Ilford XP2 super because I can get it developed at any lab and it is easy to scan. What about scanning regular B&W? I use a Canon FS4000 film scanner. One thing I like about the XP2 is that I can shoot it anywhere from ISO 100-1600 on the same roll, can you do this with other B&W films? Thank you for any and all help.

raven4ns said:
Hello,
Sometime back I was thinking about loading my own film and bought a Watson film loader. What film loader would you consider the best and easiest to use? Also what is the easiest way to develop B&W film i.e. which containers etc. ?
I currently use Ilford XP2 super because I can get it developed at any lab and it is easy to scan. What about scanning regular B&W? I use a Canon FS4000 film scanner. One thing I like about the XP2 is that I can shoot it anywhere from ISO 100-1600 on the same roll, can you do this with other B&W films? Thank you for any and all help.
Hi Tim, and welcome to TPF. :) You might get more attention and better replies if you start a new thread with these questions.

duncanp said:
i really am beggining to not be able to afford film atm, getting £30 a month if i do all my chores at least £10 goes into film, and thats if i want to use one roll a month... the other £20 gets easily spent buying food while out and £12 now goes into magazines that i get. do any of you have any suggestions of what cheap but good film to use and the cheapest way to get it developed. so far my favourite film to use had been some ilford Proffesional ISO 400, cant remember exactly what, that came free with AP. but even with 25% of the developing it still came to something like £9.60. with no dedicated photo stored or develeopers i only have the choice of a few drugs stores, which are raising their prices as they have less of a market and now certain film companies are beggingin to pull out. kodak for example have closed their biggest film developing site. hmm....

sorry that turned into a rant near the end

I cut my teeth on Kodak Ektachrome color slide film and the E-6 process, which is pretty simple. All you need is a developing tank.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back