Check out my 30 new photos (56k be afraid)

ncrolla21202

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
AquariumPlant.jpg

AtlantaSubway.jpg

BeachFence.jpg

BeachSunset_1.jpg

BeachSunset_2.jpg

BeachSunset_3.jpg

BeachSunset_4.jpg

Clay_Broyale_Columbia.jpg

Clay_Kindgrind_ACFlora.jpg

Clay_Topacid_EmerRoom.jpg

Clay_Topacid_EmerRoom_1.jpg

Clay_Topsoul_ACFlora.jpg

Clay_Topsoul_Columbia.jpg

ColumbiaBulb.jpg

DowntownAtlanta.jpg

DowntownAtlanta_1.jpg

Drainer.jpg

JoeDob_FFarf_Norcross.jpg

John_Topacid_ACFlora.jpg

John_Topacid_Columbia.jpg

MikeyP_Fishy_Norcross.jpg

OceanicPier.jpg

OffRoadAtlanta.jpg

PracticeBulb.jpg

SchoolBulb.jpg

Seagrass.jpg

SelfPortrait.jpg

Sky.jpg

WBJetty.jpg

glass_bk&w.jpg

skating_bk&w.jpg

all taken with a nikon n80, except 6 of em

leave ur opinions,
thanx
cz

Some really nice stuff there. Great compostiton and subject.

Wow!

Lots of wonderful stuff! (are you a skateboarder?)
I think my favorites are the 2nd one (very moody) and the last one.
The one with the camea is interresting too!

nat

Hi Ncrolla, very interesting stuff here, but a bit too much in one post, I say. Now you are strongly encouraged to put more than one photo in one post if you can, but these are so many that I had to try and keep track with a piece of paper by my side. Plus not all of them are willing to load (me not having broadband cable).

Anyhow, let me tell you that I am quite impressed. The No.2 (the escalator) is among my favourites here, too. I like very clear lines in photos, so the fence at the beach speaks to me, too.

The atmosphere of the beach scenes and the colours are very nice.

And the skater photos are quite dramatic. With some, I also like their composition (give me diagonal lines any time in a photo...! ;)).

What I do say, however, is: make a choice.
Choose more carefully which of the photos is your personal favourite. Like I'd have chosen the beach scene photo with the birds to present just the ONE of the series.

Then I'd have chosen the first of the skater photos (b+w), for after that, there are so many more on the same railing...

This piece of metal in the street (rainwater drainage?) made me think... I only recently took a similar photo, with something else in it, but in a similar way, achieving as shallow a DOF as you are - and I didn't like my photo. Something inside me says that in this one of yours, I, too, find DOF is too shallow...

The wooden pier and the line of cars are diagonal lines again, so I like those automatically (sort of... ;)), and the "ghost" is interesting. How did you achieve that?

The grass on the beach is appealing in itself and I am happy about DOF in this one, only would I crop some of the bottom of that photo - maybe. Not much, anyway.

And the breakwater in the setting sun... hey, wonderful colours! Really nice :).

Most reactions

Back