check out my snake...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by bace, Dec 8, 2006.

1. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    ok that was just a dirty play on words.

and I don't have any pictures yet, but I'm adopting a 7 year old California King Snake.

so excited. always wanted a pet, and never thought of reptiles. the upkeep is minimal and the cool factor is woowowwweeewwwooow.

soon as I get it he'll be incorporated into as man shoots as possible.

wootbikor...can't wait!

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Cool.

I actually just found a new home for my California Kingsnake. Now I only have a ball python.

At our peak, we had three snakes, the King, the Ball and a Snow Corn snake. We also had two bearded dragons and a veiled chameleon. It was quite the little zoo. We found homes for the lizards because we found that we didn't have the time to feed and clean up after them...as much as they needed. Plus, the insects that we fed them...were a real nuisance. The snakes are good, because they only need to eat every week or two. It was hard to give up the two other snakes...but we felt that we didn't have the time or motivation to give them the care they deserved.

Speaking of snakes...I've got some frozen mice, thawing in the kitchen...it's feeding night for Strider, the Ball Python.

I used to be a very active member over at www.SsnakesS.com It used to be a great community forum, like this one...but I don't know what it's like now. Check it out for help on snake care...or ask me, if you have any questions.

3. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    awesome. nice to know i have a reliable resource!

i checked out a few sites already, the girl that's giving me the snake is really paronoid so i wanna make sure it's well taken care of. i'm really excited about this. i've wanted a snake for ages, but just assumed the cost was too much. luckily this arrangment is cost free. she just wants to make sure it's taken care of by someone she knows.

i get a cost free starter snake kit! hahah. i'll be hooked in a few months i bet. i already have another aquarium that I bought of an old roomate, i'm sure once I have the snake bug i'll be filling that with something new.

it's name is ziggy. is it ok to rename other peoples pets. i'm not a stoner like them, so ziggy marley is not someone i look up too. i wanted to name it "ari" like ari gold from entourage. that's fitting for a snake right? haha.

4. mintlixx

mintlixx TPF Noob!

congrats on being a new snake owner. I use to have a california king snake as well also a veiled chameleon. But unfortunately due to a bad break up they had to be given away to a better home. They dont travel very well :( but one of these days again I will own a king snake or maybe even ball python this time and of course I gotta have a chameleon again. They are the neatest pets ever.

5. Puscas

Puscas TPF Noob!

well, it will be YOUR snake. I don't think Ziggy (or Ari) would mind.

pascal

6. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    why won't you want a dog to adopt???? dog or a cat... they are cute at least :p

7. mintlixx

mintlixx TPF Noob!

awww lizards and snakes are cute too.

8. EBphotography

EBphotography TPF Junkie!

Photos OK to edit
    Cute is an interesting adjective for this situation.

9. craig

craig TPF Noob!

How are we going to check out your snake if you do not have one yet?

ho hum...

Anyway. Guarantee you will love him and you will be dear friends. Snakes and or reptiles are more majestic and handsome as opposed to cute. I have a Burmese Python. We are close. He is rarely in his cage. Which for some is no way to treat an exotic animal. We would have it no other way. This shot of Joel wast taken two years ago. Sparked a little snake controversey. Big Mike always has something to say...

[​IMG]

10. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Would love to adopt a dog, but my appartment is very small and that would be unfair to an animal. Plus they require a lot of attention. Walks, daily meals/water, and in general I value my furniture and clothes. I don't like hair all over everything. One day i'll get a dog. Now is not the time.

In the mean time, snake it is.

P.S what's wrong with handling a snake a lot? And why not take pictures?

11. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Photos are fine. I only part way get why they should be in cages. They are exotic animals and acustomed to a controlled enviornment. Which of course is a good idea. Joel on the other hand goes where ever he wants. That can be dirty and cold, but he always makes it back. Keep in mind that not all snakes are that friendly.

12. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah, apparently this one is pretty agressive. I'm sure we'll become good friends though. He doesn't get handled as much as he used to which is one of the reasons I'm adopting. The current owner just recently had a baby, and hasn't been able to take it out as often.

I just can't wait set him up in my place.