Check out MyBubble!

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by PhilGarber, May 17, 2008.

1. PhilGarber

PhilGarber TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi, wasn't sure were to put this..

Could someone please evaluate my portfolio on Redbubble.com? (Links in my signature).

Thanks,

Phil

2. TLI

TLI TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Kinda small. Some of the pictures aren't all that sharp and devoid of interesting color. Though I like the b/w one but it would be better if if didn't have the blow outs in it.

on a side note....i noticed your signature, the Maj. Winters quote is wrong. though he said that in both the series and in Stephen Ambrose's book he quoted it from a friend, if you listened closely, who was explaining whether he was a hero to his grandson.
    'One of the most popular quotes from Winters came from the end of "Band of Brothers". When interviewed, he quoted a letter sent to him by Mike Ranney, one of his men: "I cherish the memories of a question my grandson asked me the other day, when he said; 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said, 'No, but I served in a company of heroes." ' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_D._Winters)

3. PhilGarber

PhilGarber TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks! And double thanks for the quote help!

4. rooky

rooky TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I saw the pictures you posted. Very interesting. I wont say they were bad, they werent... that would be an inaccurate way of saying what I really want to say. I thought they were creative but lacking any real emotional draw. I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say really. I thought it appeared as though you enjoyed creating something visually odd rather than trying to create something photographically compelling. Anyway, not bad but I'd keep working.

5. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Perhaps you could expand on what sort of evaluation you want? That is, technical critique (Exposure, WB, etc), artistic (Composition, subject, etc), or ??

6. PhilGarber

PhilGarber TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Abstract?:D:D:D

7. PhilGarber

PhilGarber TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    artistic.

8. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The feeling I get from looking at your gallery is that you are experimenting and haven't quite found your niche yet. You've got some good, creative pictures in there, but I think the techniques you are using still need a little refining. "Ode to Tom" for instance is well composed, but the extreme contrast and loss of detail doesn't work for me. Perhaps a 'do-over'? Maybe try a half-dozen variations, post them in the general forum and get input on what people like and don't like about them. All that aside, keep working at it!