CHECK OUT THIS....TRIPOD.....>>>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by oldnavy170, Nov 9, 2006.

1. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well, I had bought a tripod and I used it for one day and knew right away that I had to return it to the store. It was nothing but garbage. So here is my next tripod purchase:
    (I really didn't want an expensive one but not too cheap either)

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1021819

I should have it within a week.

2. GSDMan

GSDMan TPF Noob!

Did you get it yet? That's pretty . . . um, inexpensive. I'm very curious what you think of it.

3. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Unfortunately "lightweight" tends to weaken the usefulness of a tripod. It's great when you have to lug it around a lot, but a tripod gets a lot of its stability from its weight. Hope you like it though.

4. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, I did get it and I really do like it. I have used it a few times. Its worth the money I paid for it and I would recommend it for someone who is looking for an inexpensive tripod.

This one is light weight but sturdy. Its easy to use and adjust to multiple heights. However, it does take getting use to the quick release but other then that I have no problems.

I hope this helps.

5. xfloggingkylex

xfloggingkylex TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    while I havent used any other tripods, I got a tripod just like this from ritz. I wouldn't exactly call it lightweight, but it isn't real heavy either. I use mine all the time and love it.

I think they are just trying to put an emphasis on the weight as a marketing ploy.

6. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    if a tripod is light, you can always (if there is a hook for it) attach your heavy camera bag to it, which will stabilise it a lot. of course this won't make it a super-sturdy concrete like tripod, but it is a considerable improvement.

7. benhasajeep

benhasajeep TPF Noob!

Good you like it and its usefull for you. I tried 2 inexpensive tripods from local stores (1 cheap, 1 aobut 2x first). They both ended up in the trash. I learned my lesson and went to a camera store and tried out what they had. Mounted cameras to them and tried them out in the store. Ended up buying a fairly expensive one. But I have had it 6 years now, and even through light abuse still performs very well. Even when I load it to its limits.

8. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well I can tell you that I know mine won't last for 6 years but I should get a good year or more out of it. I also wouldn't walk away from it on a windy day if using it outside. Other then that I feel it works great for my needs.

Matter of fact, I used it again today! :)