Checking My Composure

Number two is awesome!

I'm curious to know why you used ISO 800 though? IMO, anything over 400 is too noisy, but I am very picky about noise...were you shooting in really low light?

Heh, because I am still learning. :D
You actually made me think for a minute. I haven't often used ISO 400. I think I tend to try 100 or 200, and if they are unsatisfactory, I jump to 800. I'll have to consciously try 400 more often. My reasoning for this session was because it was a cloudy late afternoon with a little breeze. I wanted to be sure to freeze any motion.

I appreciate you noticing and pointing this out! I will try 400, before I go to 800 in the future. Thank you!

BTW, I have been doing this with aperatures too. Going from wide open, or f/22, but not utilizing the in between. Today I utilized f/8 and f/11 more often, and I got a lot better shots. Slowly, it's all coming together. :thumbup:

Heh, because I am still learning. :D
You actually made me think for a minute. I haven't often used ISO 400. I think I tend to try 100 or 200, and if they are unsatisfactory, I jump to 800. I'll have to consciously try 400 more often. My reasoning for this session was because it was a cloudy late afternoon with a little breeze. I wanted to be sure to freeze any motion.

I appreciate you noticing and pointing this out! I will try 400, before I go to 800 in the future. Thank you!

BTW, I have been doing this with aperatures too. Going from wide open, or f/22, but not utilizing the in between. Today I utilized f/8 and f/11 more often, and I got a lot better shots. Slowly, it's all coming together. :thumbup:

I am the same way as you, every time I got out shooting it's like a new learning curve. I wold have to say it's definitely coming together friend, these are high quality!

Most reactions

Back