Cheerleading practice and a bored brother...

Let him out of the stroller and follow him around doing stuff.
I think in the pictures you've posted it looks like you have him locked up and strapped down and confined so you can get a picture of him, it should be the other way around... you should catch him open in his elements!
I take my 3 kids with me on photoshoots! lol
Right now I'm not charging though, but once I start charging I know I'll have to find them a sitter.
Usually I go to a nice park, where they can play within ear shot. Sometimes they just sit in the van and watch a movie.
They are 3, 6 and 9. but my husband is deployed to Afghanistan and I'm also new to the area and so it just has to be this way for now.

I only have one park and it's the schools playground on weekdays... grrr. It's also not fenced in.:er:

I'd love to let him out and just let him go, problem is he is only 20 months old. He heads straight for the road, cars, lawnmowers, tractors, or anything that goes vroom. My husband works night so it's hard to find a day where they're enough on the same sleeping schedule he can keep him. :(

I didn't lock him up for taking pictures, although, that's typically what it would take... I actually had him locked out so he wouldn't get kicked around by the twenty or thirty cheerleaders practicing because he won't stay away. :meh:

Thanks for the advice though and as soon as that's possible you can be sure I'll do it. Til then I just have to work with what I got.

Something else to consider -- even though the bg is blurred, red still draws the eye, especially here since it is the most vivid color.

Sometimes it's better to shoot fat and crop in later.

But yeah, I agree I can do better, that's why I'm asking for C&C, so I can learn and take my pictures one step further.

Learn to take your pictures one step further away from your subject.

I hate to CC photos of the the posters children, anything but "awwww cute" is never really taken well.

I have about 20 gig worth of photos like these with my children- everyone of them is priceless to me and I could not delete one of them. I only post here what I believe to be the very best of the best.

p!nK

I don't mind the C&C of my children's pics not being aww cute... Pft. I already know they're cute. I want to know about the stinkin' picture! ;)

Learn to take your pictures one step further away from your subject.

I understand, but I posted in the OP that I couldn't really. I'll try again with some one day where he's actually somewhere I can let him go and chase him.

What do you mean you only have one park? and it is at a school?
Where in the world do you live?
Are there no open fields?
I just can not wrap my head around not having an area for a kid to run around in? No wonder he wants to get out! Kids gotta run! play! What do they do for fun?

Most reactions

Back