Cherry Lips

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Olympus Digital, X100. no flash, desk lamp lighting

More of my seductive tone...

Ok, I like the lighting and the yellow/orange tone, but what do you all think. How can I make it better?
lipcherry.jpg

i like the tones of the cherry quite a bit in this image, as well as the harsh lighting. I think (opinion) it would be a little better to use slightly more natural colors for the cheeks and the lips. When an image is overexposed, there are parts of the image that get 'blown out' and turn white. Similarly, in PS when you oversaturate a color, that color gets blown out and loses detail. In this case, the red was oversaturated on the lips, and became a big red splotch. You might be going for this over-contrast look, and if so, then I think you accomplished your goal (although you might want to go even harsher than that if you want to have that style). Also, if the top, and perhaps the bottom lip (not quite as much as the top lip) werent clipped off at the edge, I think it would make for a better image. Nice job with this one!

P.S. A thicker or more creative border would be nice with this one, or even none at all. Borders of medium thickness don't really add anything, and are a little boring.

Great shot, looks like a magazine cover. I like the way as it is, with or without border. I agree with the tones, it's a bit over saturated.

your being seductive would work with or without the saturation. works fine for me. for the heck of it, can you post one without the saturation for comparison?

Most reactions

Back