Chess background help

Hmm...oki...I think ive sorted it...
Im underexposing by 2 stops...I think this should sort the picture, cause the background is a good black and the pieces are nice and visable...I think its actually better this way

Kitchen lights? Aha! Have you got any grease proof paper? Pull some from the roll and use it to defuse the light. :)

Artemis said:
show_off.jpg

I think this has real potential. I bet there are some interesting stories you can show in the shadows.

I know. I'm just making more work for you. :lol:

Artemis said:
Thanks dude, youve given me an idea for my next subject!

I saw that you were having a little bit of photographer's block in your other thread, although several of those pictures came out well. Looking forward to your experiments.

Laurie a.ka. Dudette ;)

Aoide said:
Artemis said:

I saw that you were having a little bit of photographer's block in your other thread, although several of those pictures came out well. Looking forward to your experiments.

Laurie a.ka. Dudette ;)

Dudette? Your a girl??? Then I must apologise madam, No insult intended, and thanks again, I cant wait to play about with the pics!

Artemis said:
Aoide said:
Artemis said:

Laurie a.ka. Dudette ;)

Dudette? Your a girl??? Then I must apologise madam, No insult intended, and thanks again, I cant wait to play about with the pics!

Last time I checked. No insult taken. Laurie tends to be a girl's name here in the states, but it might be different over in the UK. You are in the UK right? Little Women is always a little bit of a strange experience for me. :study:

Aoide said:
Artemis said:
Aoide said:
Artemis said:

Laurie a.ka. Dudette ;)

Last time I checked. No insult taken. Laurie tends to be a girl's name here in the states, but it might be different over in the UK. You are in the UK right? Little Women is always a little bit of a strange experience for me. :study:

Laurie is a name that you so rarely see in the UK that we have letters to the Times when one is sighted :wink:

Hertz van Rental said:
Aoide said:
Artemis said:
Aoide said:
Artemis said:

Laurie a.ka. Dudette ;)

Laurie is a name that you so rarely see in the UK that we have letters to the Times when one is sighted :wink:

Generally followed by a police investigation....

You mean Little woman the film right?! LOL

:lol: Definitely the book.

It has become a little more common over here since I was a child. I'd be so mad when we would come across personalized things, (cups, key chains, signs, etc.) and they never had Laurie. I see it more often now, but alas my desire to have my name plastered all over has waned.

Get a couple of desk lamps, and put one on each side, far enough away that the light is even, and if you have them lit from the side, and the board is far enough from the background in an otherwise dark room, you should be fine.

Most reactions

Back