Chessmaster

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if this should be here or not.

This guy sets up shop right on the sidewalk with the promise he can beat you in a game of chess in 3 minutes. I never saw him lose the time I was there...and never even tried to play him.
I wonder if this guy was on the phone asking or tips.
CRW_1441a.jpg

I cropped this one a bit. The Chessmaster sits with his knee up all the time and it caused a bit of a distraction. He just stares at the board. It is like he already has every move memorized.
CRW_1439a.jpg

When he captures an opponents piece...he taps it on the ground. Once he moves on to capture another , he then taps that piece. It was a really neat habit I caught him doing.
CRW_1443a.jpg

Interesting series! I bet it was fantastic to watch him play. I'll have to show these to my oldeset son, he's really into learning how to play chess lately!

Thanks so much Allison. It was really cool. He was brilliant, and watching his manerisms was interesting too. Im pretty sure a bus had to stop, cause I was almost on the road when I took that shot of his hand.
Thanks again.

nice work. love the sharpness and particularly #2. I've been keeping my eye out for those proverbial two old men sitting out on the front porch playing checkers.

MommyOf4Boys said:
awesome series Carl. I love the second one, such an intense face!

you took the words right out of my mouth, which really hurt, just ask next time

Thanks so much everyone. Really appreciate your comments.

These are great, very well captured and interesting seies. I would have loved to take a crack at that three minute game.

i LOVE this series! excellent shots! i really like the second one a lot! i'd really like to have a go with that guy :)

Most reactions

Back