Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
6d
17-40 f4
34 in beauty dish
IMG_20180817_173943_493.jpg

There was a big restaurant sign hanging along the wall by her left knee and things got hairy. I tried ;)
Next time I will pay more attention to things like that in the background. When your out there trying to balance strobes and a setting sun ducking in and out of clouds.. made me wish I would have sprung for the TTL :(

Last edited:
She cut the dreads!:aiwebs_016: I like the soft lighting. Very complimentary to her. Still no smile as I think it was BrentC asked for:barbershop_quartet_member:

Great lighting here; great location. I'd like to see her smile, but in this image, her expression works. That said, I think as with the other, a tighter crop would make this much stronger.

Nice! I like the expression in this shot, and in the (other) post titled simply Chey. TTL? Nah...

Great lighting here; great location. I'd like to see her smile, but in this image, her expression works. That said, I think as with the other, a tighter crop would make this much stronger.
You think a tighter crop would help? How would you have cropped this? I'm curious, cause I'm sure you been doing this Was anyway longer than I have and I want to take it all in ;) and I think I have had the "I would crop tighter" a few times. Honestly, I get I'll when I crop. I think that it will degrade the image quality.

Last edited:
I can't seee the whole image with out scrolling but I would crop some off the top as unnecessary to a charming image.

...How would you have cropped this?...

Here's my take....

My goal with portraits is to ensure that the person, and in particular their face is not lost. In your case it was tough, because it's a really great scene, but I do think giving the talent more of the frame improves it... YMMV.
Chey1.jpg

Both are very nice, I like prefer the tighter crop image...

Yeah, I see what your saying and it does look better that way.

Just a personal opinion, but it seems like the smaller the image the better it looks cropped. I've printed some 16x20s that I wondered if I had cropped tight enough. Once I got the print they looked fine.

Great lighting! Beautiful photo. I do like the tighter crop that John proposed.

Very nice! Prefer the crop as well.

One of your best of her. I like the tighter crop, too.

Most reactions

Back