Chicago River has been frozen for about a month now......

Chicagophotoshop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chicagophotoshop.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm ready for summer....

DSC_0041copy.jpg

DSC_0039copy.jpg

DSC_0037copy.jpg

....oops cant fix the title typo.

Ha! I can :D ... and did. Now no one understands any longer what that was all about, heehee :mrgreen:

And hey, this looks COLD!
If we had a winter like that, also I'd be looking forward to summer.
As it is, we slipped from summer to autumn to spring ... or we get winter in spring, who knows.

But I have never seen a river this frozen, ever.
Where was your vantage point for these?

Ha! I can :D ... and did. Now no one understands any longer what that was all about, heehee :mrgreen:

And hey, this looks COLD!
If we had a winter like that, also I'd be looking forward to summer.
As it is, we slipped from summer to autumn to spring ... or we get winter in spring, who knows.

But I have never seen a river this frozen, ever.
Where was your vantage point for these?

hehe thanks foto. I will edit my post.

I took these from my window. I live in a 60 story highrise. cool view huh? :)

:lol:Interesting photos.....but between you and me, I'm glad I'm here (GA) and you're there taking photos for me to enjoy......:lol:

happy to do it for ya! summer is just around the corner (ok not really) but when it comes its gonna F-A-N-T-A-S-I-C :)

Then those in Georgia, swimming through the humidity and bugs, and laying in their sweltering puddles of sweat, will be dreaming of some ice and snow. :wink:

Nice shots and equally nice view!!! Been exceptionally cold (about 20-30 degrees below normal) lately, but this week well be back to normal and that ice should be gone by next weekend.

Then those in Georgia, swimming through the humidity and bugs, and laying in their sweltering puddles of sweat, will be dreaming of some ice and snow. :wink:

Not really, cause that's when we go to NY and Chicago, no, not Chicago, don't know where that is!!! I'm NYC born....!!!!:lol:

Downtown Chicago is an interesting place. Driving around can be a bear if you're not used to the area but there's lots to see and do for sure.

Then those in Georgia, swimming through the humidity and bugs, and laying in their sweltering puddles of sweat, will be dreaming of some ice and snow.
Yes, because Chicago is never nasty and humid in the summer. :roll:

Isn't this the same river that caught fire a few years ago?
I believe you're thinking of one in ohio. The chicago river is nice and clean ever since we turned it around to send our sewage down south instead of into our lake.

I've only been in and out of O'Hare, but promise to visit the city soon...at least after winter and when the river is liquid.:wink:
There's a meet-up coming soon!

Downtown Chicago is an interesting place. Driving around can be a bear if you're not used to the area but there's lots to see and do for sure.
Also, we've got some great public transit, so driving is silly anyway.

What, a few weeks of nasty humidity compared to several months in GA? Trust me, it gets humid here, but nothing like in ATL. I remember it getting sweltering in early June and not letting up until mid-September. Picture the hottest, most humid days here in Chicago. Picturing that? Good. Thats the NORM for GA/FL/SC/etc. Its brutal, I speak from experience. When I moved back up here from TN, I was wearing a light coat when it was 75.

Most reactions

Back