Chicago Shots

talonop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Some pictures I took with my old digital camera while in Chicago. Unfortunately, the resolution is only 2 MPs, as I had only intended to use the digicam for some snapshots. However, since my other gear was stolen (see off-topic thread) I had to make do with what I had. Tell me what you think.

NOTE: Sorry about the load times. I tried to resize them, but guess I did not do such a good job

An apartment complex and parking lot. A scary thought, but there are cars parked to the edge on those potruding semi-circles-

towerssm.jpg
[/b]

River View. I took this one while standing on the same bridge that was the subject of the previous shot-

riversm.jpg

Hotel on the river-
EDIT: Eh, wrong title. This is a shot of a restaurant on the river, not a hotel :p

hoteldocksm.jpg

Last one, a shot of the Chicago streets.-

carssm.jpg

NOTE: Pictures may take some time to load.

wow!! nice pics. especially the first pic. it looks like it was something else.

These are great shots, and I my opinion that black and white was an excellent choice here. I really like the bridge photo, perhaps because you've captured the texture really well. I can't put my finger on it exactly but it's a great photo. The others are great, too. I can't seem to get results like this when I try and take pictures of artichecture.

Thank you for the comments, emo and AlisonS. I also felt that B&W was more appropriate for the situation. And I did not convert a color image to B&W in photoshop (actually, all of these images are originals), I shot it using a B&W setting on my digicam. Perhaps I am just being weird, but shooting with the B&W setting (vs. desaturating and tweaking the photo) puts me in a kind of shooting mode that I am in when I shoot on B&W film.

Just in case somebody asks, I shot all of these photos on a discontinued 3.3 Megapixel Sony Cybershot, model DSC-S75. You can snag one of these off of Ebay for less than 200 dollars.

So for the newbies that are equipment crazy, I assure you that a professional-grade camera will not make you an instant Cartier-Bresson. ;)

Ok, now they came up...after I already posted that I couldn't see em! I like the first two best, I think. Something about the diagonal lines in the second really draws me to it...that and the repeating pattern of the bumps. Good job.

Yeah, I thought I had set the aperture a little too wide for that one, but I am glad you like it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back