Chicago Tribune/ Wacker drive

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Big Al, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Big Al

Big Al TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

2. Big Al

Big Al TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I shoot it with a Digital Rebel 300D. Shoot it in Raw format, developed it with Lightroom....6 sec shutter/ Iso 100. I thought it came out great. Had no tripod, so I used the roof of my car. Any tips would be cool.

3. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This aint no nature shot big al ;)

nice for a start though.

the camera was rotated counter clockwise though: you can see the post on the right is parallel to the image border, while the building on the right is not. my guess is your camera was slightly pointing upwards so you got converging lines there.

4. morydd

morydd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    great angle. I think the building behind the Trib building that's all lit up (wrigley building maybe?) is a little odd as it lines up with the clock tower so much. You might also tweak it a little to get the buildings in center to be more straight up and down. I love seeing others' pic of the city makes me want to figure out where they shot from and try it too.

5. Big Al

Big Al TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    My bad, I wasnt sure where to post the pic, Im a noob to the pf. Infact I just bought my SLR 2 months back and was using a 2mp fuji since digi's came on the market (aka 6 years lol) most cameraphones have higher mp.
    I took the shoot from an overpass near Lakeshore Drive, you can see in the pic that all the buildings vanishing point(s) leads your eyes to the gap between the buildings. I was wondering what I can do to get my shoots more crisp....Im guessing invest in a tripod :pirate:

6. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Car roof + self timer do the same job! ... just less versatile ;) so you should get a tripod ;)

oh, images like this you can simply post in the general gallery ... or if you have ONE image with particular questions/problems ... put it in the critique section