Chicago Watertower

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Jeremy Z, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Jeremy Z

Jeremy Z No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This is the famous watertower, which has a whole shopping area (probably the most posh in Illinois) named after it.

This building has quite a history behind it, but I didn't think to take a photo of the plaques. :(

This was stitched together with three shots; kind of a vertical panorama. The Canon software only does horizontal panoramas, so I had to turn the pix on their sides first. (the pix were taken with my Pentax K100D, the software came with my Canon Elph.)

I merged them, then rotated it back vertical. it is pretty distorted in areas, but the watertower itself looks OK! I would have never gotten this in one shot without a much more expensive wide angle lens.

[​IMG]

2. firemedic0135

firemedic0135 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I see what you mean about the distortion.I had that same program but lost it:er: ..it worked pretty well.to my eye the only distortion I see is on the first third of the photo on the collums and the skyscraper.It is a beautifal building though.:thumbup:

Would you mind making me a copy of that disc so I can use my photostitch again

3. auer1816

auer1816 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I use the software too from time to time. I've found that it works best with long focal length shots so the image doesn't become distorted.