Chicago!

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's official. I'm visiting Chicago city on August 4 until the 7th! Woot!! ill be soooo bored lol i get to follow my boyfriend JAR around while he goes to a comic book convention.

A few things im worried about...anything good to take pictures of? i dont know where the convention is, so i dont know where to go. but is there any of interest?

going from the airport (ohare) to the hotel..which i think is near the airport... :(

is there anyone here who can tell me mroe about this windy (is it really that bad??) city?

thank you!!

p.s. ill probably try to bring my little mini digo so i dont have to worry about lenses and film since its just a 3 day trip.

How'bout some baseball games? :wink: Two teams to choose from.

Also, they have some neat Art Museums. Could visit Chicago's landmark, the Sears Tower.

Have a great trip in the Windy City (and no, is not as bad as other 'windy' places like Oklahoma City).

Well, im not into ball games.. :) Any photography museums or photographers I could visit? lol

Well I'll be wearing my hair in a pony tail anyway. And no skirts, so im safe.

Museums, the aquarium, Navy Pier, Wacky Wacker Drive (the road that's in a few pieces on a few levels), The Sears Tower, Union Station - may give you some places to check into. There's been a battle between Chicago and New York for the best hot dogs but then you can't leave Chicago without stopping at an actually pizzaria (If you go to Gino's, bring markers - encouragement to write on anything and everything). Take a tour on the double deckers and they'll point out quite a few places - Nike Town, Wacker Drive, the museums, .... everything is on their route. There's also a subway system which, if you're out by O'Hare, you can catch it straight from there even. The Sears Tower is definately a view to check out especially if there's storms in surrounding states.

Downtown in the city go to the lakefront. There is Grant Park, Milenium Park, Shedd Aqaurium, Field Museum, Museum of Science & Industry, Art Museum, etc. Great place for shopping would be North Michigan Avenue (The Magnificent Mile) & State Street. Just north of downtown is Lincoln park with a cool zoo and lots of restaurants, fun funky shops and other stuff.

All have excellent ops for photography.

What kind of things do you like to do? What kind of food? If you like steak one of the best in the city but not as well known is Gene & Georgettis (sp?) just a couple of blocks or so north of the Merchandise Mart. About 300 West but don't remember the street.

[font=&quot]Unfortunately I'm not taking my equipment (just too much and too heavy for a three day stay that I won't have much time to do much :() Plus I don't feel comfortable being my first time out there, let alone outside the usual states I've visited (Michigan, and Ohio, which was many years ago anyway)[/font]

It's more like...little canadian tourist...female...in a big city..scary s*it. Plus it's sooo heavy and too muhc to bring on such a short trip. I have my mini digi, and it's great but I can't control the aperture so it's not the best. Maybe enxt time I visit.

Those pictures are great and all. But I wish I had a car to drive around in...that's another reason why I shouldn't.

I walked the city on foot! Just get a map and it will be pretty easy. I covered about 6~7 miles in one day in March.... cold! However the walk kept me warm.

Heavy equipment? I've got 3 lenses plus a tripod and the thick jacket. anything for a good picture.

I was in Chicago during Easter and got some good pictures at one of the Zoos. Though most of the animals were put up.

juan00-R6-13A.jpg

I'm telling you this is George from Seinfeld.

Chicago is a great place to take pictures! I haven't been there for a few years but I'll be going again and bringing my camera. Seems like everywhere you turn there's a photo waiting. You've got to at least bring some of you equipment. You don't have to bring it all. If you don't, you'll probably wish you had.

BlackDog's said:
Chicago is a great place to take pictures! I haven't been there for a few years but I'll be going again and bringing my camera. Seems like everywhere you turn there's a photo waiting. You've got to at least bring some of you equipment. You don't have to bring it all. If you don't, you'll probably wish you had.

Oh no...I think I may have to....I'm still afraid it'll break, get stoeln, etc. :( (no im not going to fix that typo :))

Grr....I think I'll have to.......I do want to....blasjurughbeithrt...oh ok now theres a good chance I will SOME :)

molested_cow said:
I walked the city on foot! Just get a map and it will be pretty easy. I covered about 6~7 miles in one day in March.... cold! However the walk kept me warm.

Heavy equipment? I've got 3 lenses plus a tripod and the thick jacket. anything for a good picture.

I'm lazy with this..since well...I'm scared....when I lived in Ottawa I was afraid...

I'm just making excuses.

May I'll bring my 50mm and a wide angle and thats it? Colour and BW film too.

Most reactions

Back