Child Portraits - Two boys, ages 2 months and 3 years

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are so many I would like to post, but here are a few. This is the first time I have taken photos of kids, so tell me what you like and what you don't.

IMG_8581.jpg

IMG_8554_Edit.jpg

IMG_8568.jpg

IMG_0071_Edit.jpg

IMG_0128_Edit.jpg

IMG_8553_Edit.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_8629.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg

IMG_8613.jpg

IMG_0107_Edit.jpg

i LOVE your style! the shot of the kid hanging upside down is by-far my favorite! you're doing really well with your lighting. keep it up!

My favorites are #5 and 11! But #2 his hands seem to be in focus and his face really soft. Good job though kids can be hard sometimes!

I agree #2 the focus is off. The catch lights in #7 are at an odd angle.

With that said #4 and #5 are tip top! I really love both of those and would gladly pay handsome for those, overall A+

Nice work!

What do I charge for a session like this? I have a lineup now that these people showed these off.

What do I charge for a session like this? I have a lineup now that these people showed these off.
That really depends :er:

For portraits, I'd suggest that you sit down and figure out your price structure and consider how you will be operating. For example, do you want to be selling digital files or selling prints? Do you want to front load the sitting fee and then have lower prices on prints/files...or do you want to have a lower sitting fee and higher print/file prices? Do you want to offer 'packages' or just a la carte?

Remember the advice that we give everyone else...don't set your prices too low.

That really depends :er:

For portraits, I'd suggest that you sit down and figure out your price structure and consider how you will be operating. For example, do you want to be selling digital files or selling prints? Do you want to front load the sitting fee and then have lower prices on prints/files...or do you want to have a lower sitting fee and higher print/file prices? Do you want to offer 'packages' or just a la carte?

Remember the advice that we give everyone else...don't set your prices too low.

Yeah... I am really having a hard time with this. Not sure which direction I should go. I totally agree not to sell myself too low, but people around the area (crappier galleries, but better known) aren't charging as much as I'd figured!

Here's an idea of what I have so far -

1-Hour Session: $100
includes web gallery, 1 8x10 and 2 5x7s.

Then,
4x6, set of 3 $20
5x7 $12
8x10 $20
8x12 $25
11x14 $40
16x20 $60
16 wallets $25

I'm currently banging my head against the wall here... please give advice and tweak

5, 7, and 11 are amazingly beautiful. Nice job.

1-Hour Session: $100 includes web gallery,
1 8x10 and 2 5x7s.
The sitting fee sounds good, maybe a bit low...but you can increase that incrementally...$125 next year, $150 after that etc.

I'm not sure about including prints in that price though. Especially $44 worth of prints.

4x6, set of 3 $20
5x7 $12
8x10 $20
8x12 $25
11x14 $40
16x20 $60
16 wallets $25

I think that $20 for an 8x10 is a bit low, and the sizes above it would then be low as well. Although, and even $20 might be a good selling point, enticing people to buy those, rather than 4x6 or 5x7 prints.

There are plenty of things you can do to tweak your prices and shift the cost to different things. The key is to increase the value that the client sees while keeping your costs low.

LOVE #11. So crisp & clear. Look at those eyes!:lovey:

Most reactions

Back