Kanikula

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0004.jpg

LukePortrait2.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

THATS GOOD, BUT YOUR LOSING HIS HAIR INTO THE BACKGROUND oops didnt mean to shout:wink:

THATS GOOD, BUT YOUR LOSING HIS HAIR INTO THE BACKGROUND oops didnt mean to shout:wink:

Haha! No probs :D

Will i need to backlight to keep his hair from doing that??

Very cute expressions. I am not a fan of tilting but it works in the last one. All look very clear and crisp they are just soooo dark behind and around the kiddo.

just try different angles of light til you get what you want.

what background did you use?

just try different angles of light til you get what you want.

what background did you use?

Black towels!! :lol: Its all i have at the mo - not got any room in the flat for any kind of set up :grumpy:

interesting and did you do much post processing?

interesting and did you do much post processing?

Nope, not much. i shot slightly under exposed to keep the towel black and then tweeked the exposure and fill lights in lightroom to get what i wanted.

cool. im out to buy some black towels.:lol: [apart from the hair] just goes to show sometimes you dont need 1000's of pound of equipment.

i might be calling on your help with the processing later in the week;)

cool. im out to buy some black towels.:lol: [apart from the hair] just goes to show sometimes you dont need 1000's of pound of equipment.

i might be calling on your help with the processing later in the week;)

Haha! I was suprised it worked! I did it the kitchen as the lighting is beter and i can direct the lights aswell :mrgreen: But yes ill have to take another look at sorting the hair...

Cute kid, but way underexposed. You can achieve the effect of keeping the towel dark and still have him exposed properly by pulling him out a little farther from the background. Also, try some kind of diffuser with your lights so that you dont get any deep shadows on his neck or face. Also, its been said already, but a kicker light would separate him from the background nicely. Keep trying. :)

NJ

Get a king sized black sheet. I got one from wal-mart for $10 and a 10x10 black flannel blanket ($5) for the floor so I can pull my subject away from the background if I want to. That and a box of tacks and it's great.

Instead of underexposing I PP the background (if needed) with a light burn to blend out wrinkles or specks or anything.

third one is the best!

Most reactions

Back