Childhood sees no barriers

skunkboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Goal:
Go into town to do some job hunting so I can get something better than where I'm at.

Result:
Was delayed getting out of the house.
By the time I got to town, well, lets just say it's extremely 9-5 and when 5:00 comes, that's it - GO! GET OUT!
So, instead of wasting the whole trip, I knew I wanted to also check in at the skate park to see about getting more photos for my site. Well, I couldn't even do that.

On the way to the skatepark, I got distracted by ducks and geese. While shooting them, there were two boys, inquisitive about my laptop and camera. I let them see what I was doing and they invited me to see the fish they had been catching. The blue bag had about 20 or so sunfish and a couple blue gill and they were able to drop and hook because there were so many. It took the "sport" out of the whole thing but they were having fun and that's what mattered.

In reflecting on the photo, I see many things. For one, the joy as a child of fishing; that's the obvious. Any adult would normally freak out but as kids, cross-contamination what? Right next to the bag of dying fish is a bag of Cheetos and in the white bag was the fixings for sandwiches. The biggest thing I saw in this, even while taking the photo, was race. I had just minutes before seen an issue that appeared to be race related and to see these two together was just proof once again that by default, we aren't that way but rather we follow whatever society trains us to do. Childhood sees no barriers.

nobarrier.jpg

nobarrier2.jpg

i think you said it all, skunkboy...with childhood sees no barriers...i wonder if that is more like what it should be...according to scripture, come to me as (if your) little children...

the only thing to add to what you said, was....i think you made good use of your day... good luck job hunting...hope your perspective bosses see your intellegence...and your story is worth as much as the pictures your showing...thanks for the insight....

Excellent photos and story, skunkboy. We can learn a lot from the little crumb snatchers -- humbly.

Your pics make me wanna go wash my hands and cook the meat a little longer!:lmao: ;) :lmao:

Most reactions

Back