Childrens Asylum and a few extras

My problem with exploring abandoned buildings (aside from finding them), lies not in the idea that I'll get into trouble for being in them, but in the fear that I may fall through a rotting floor or stair case...

That is a very real danger with urban exploration. You need to be keenly aware of your surroundings and never go alone. Stay close to walls and don't walk across the middle of a room. Never "break" in. Never vandalize or take anything. As the campers say: Take only pictures and leave only footprints.

what is with all these abandoned places in P.A. ???

the children's asylum is uber creepy

I really like the theater ones, but I LOVE #2.
Pa does really seem like a hotspot for abandoned buildings. There are many around the Pittsburgh area, too. Probably nothing this cool, though.

excellent shots, i like these sort of themes, we have a few asylums around here that i wanna go to and get some pics. good work.

i cant get over how eery these are!!! i might go scope out something in downtown lexington this weekend. or i could take a trip out to louisville and go to waverly hills sanitorium and TB hospital

stunning work indeed, very impressive locations and I like your processing too, it suits the subject perfectly...#2,#3 and the last are my faves from this set.

Phenomenal shots. Some of 'em really do stir an emotional response, and your post processing has really brought out the abandoned, bleak, chilling feel to them. My faves are 2, 3, 5, 6, and 15.

Just out of interest, were you ever charged? And if so, have the charges now been dropped?

And to those inspired by these shots to go out and explore abandoned buildings, read nealjpage's advice (post 17 above). You might also want to make sure someone who's not with you (and your buddy) knows where you were headed, and check in with them once you're safely out.

i love 15. that auditorium is definitely a nice spot to be.

next time carry a muzzle, if you're quick enough that would take care of the dog! hahaha

i love 15. that auditorium is definitely a nice spot to be.

next time carry a muzzle, if you're quick enough that would take care of the dog! hahaha

Naah Bread with peanut butter on it... That would keep the dog busy while you escape! That is if you can stop laughing at the dogs reaction to the peanut butter.. lol:lol:

Great stuff man.

I really like the creepiness in the shots.

thanks for the comments
not all those shots are in pa :)
Abandoned asylums and all kinds of other places are all over.
You just have to know where to look.
The first few shots are from a state school near philadelphia, pa and the last few are from an asylum in ct.

big bully
thanks for the spot, ill have to head out there

Wow, awesome pictures... just try not to get caught next time! haha #2 is definitely my favorite... really creepy feeling.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back