childrens portraits

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by just_because, Feb 5, 2010.

1. just_because

just_because TPF Noob!

So my boss is wanting me to shoot her sons 5 year old pictures and so i was wondering what are some good tips/suggestions/examples of childrens portraits? Things to look out for, comfortable positions for them etc. if you could just give me some feedback that would be great! Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. mom2eight

mom2eight TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm not a pro, but I have 2 five year old's. My daughter loves dress up and everything girly. I would talk to her mom and find out what the child likes. You want the portrait to convey a sense of her personality. Her is one that I took of my daughter. I'ts not great but just an example of what I have done with my little one.
    [​IMG]

3. Dusty Miller

Dusty Miller TPF Noob!

Take the kid out to a public playground and turn him/her loose! He/She will be have'n fun and you'll get lots of good natural experssions.

4. just_because

just_because TPF Noob!

Nice. Yeah that would be a good idea, I will have to talk to them to find what they are most comfortable with and try to capture their personality, thanks:)

5. just_because

just_because TPF Noob!

Yup that's what we were planning on; taking them to a park and whatnot. It should be fun, I just want to be able to capture good moments =P