childrens portraits

just_because

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So my boss is wanting me to shoot her sons 5 year old pictures and so i was wondering what are some good tips/suggestions/examples of childrens portraits? Things to look out for, comfortable positions for them etc. if you could just give me some feedback that would be great! Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not a pro, but I have 2 five year old's. My daughter loves dress up and everything girly. I would talk to her mom and find out what the child likes. You want the portrait to convey a sense of her personality. Her is one that I took of my daughter. I'ts not great but just an example of what I have done with my little one.
_MG_8992_edited-1.jpg

So my boss is wanting me to shoot her shots 5 year old pictures and so i was wondering what are some good tips/suggestions/examples of childrens portraits? Things to look out for, comfortable positions for them etc. if you could just give me some feedback that would be great! Thanks!

Take the kid out to a public playground and turn him/her loose! He/She will be have'n fun and you'll get lots of good natural experssions.

I'm not a pro, but I have 2 five year old's. My daughter loves dress up and everything girly. I would talk to her mom and find out what the child likes. You want the portrait to convey a sense of her personality. Her is one that I took of my daughter. I'ts not great but just an example of what I have done with my little one.

Nice. Yeah that would be a good idea, I will have to talk to them to find what they are most comfortable with and try to capture their personality, thanks:)

So my boss is wanting me to shoot her shots 5 year old pictures and so i was wondering what are some good tips/suggestions/examples of childrens portraits? Things to look out for, comfortable positions for them etc. if you could just give me some feedback that would be great! Thanks!

Take the kid out to a public playground and turn him/her loose! He/She will be have'n fun and you'll get lots of good natural experssions.

Yup that's what we were planning on; taking them to a park and whatnot. It should be fun, I just want to be able to capture good moments =P

Most reactions

New Topics

Back