LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
8sept08grashalminsekt4.jpg

It was early yesterday morning, and we'd had a cool night.
This insect (whatever it is) was sitting on this blade of grass, at first not moving at all. It might still have been sleeping. Or was too cold to move. Nice for me! :D

Pseudo-macro shooting (since I don't own a dedicated macro lens), where only a 50% crop can bring about this result ... :(

early morning + a cool night = best time for cold insects not doing much :)
details are good, sharpness is on the insect and the depth of field does not look lacking. Overall a really good macro shot - especially without a dedicated macro lens.
Shot is possibly a little central (though powers know I also have this often enough)

Agreed on the "centrality" of the composition, actually I wasn't really composing in the true sense of the word, just trying to get the photo sharp. And I decided to apply flash here (580EX), despite the sun from behind, or because of it (for else all the detail would have been lost, and I know that Daan aka doenoe uses his speedlite with all his macro work). And I wanted to make sure I could use a small enough aperture. Seems like at least those ideas paid off a little.

Ah well, and the centred-ness ... this is a crop already. I might still go crop it further and move the bee (really? Aren't they 'at home' overnight, in their hives?) more to one side. Should I?

Yep speedlites really help a lot, like Daan I also use mine all the time - were you using a diffuser or paper or something over the flash as well?

As for cropping further - have a play with the shot - I really need more work on getting a photographers eye - there was one on e-bay so I might get that - but then I need a doctor..........

This is cool: Chiller replied to my "chilled or chilling"-thread! :D
Thanks a lot!

And hey, how much do they want for a photographer's eye on eBay? :wink:

This is cool: Chiller replied to my "chilled or chilling"-thread! :D
Thanks a lot!

And hey, how much do they want for a photographer's eye on eBay? :wink:

:sexywink: Thought you were peeking in my room again. :lol::lol: I bought a set of eyes for $3.00 on ebay, and a package of fingers for $5.00. Was surprised to see how real they looked. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back