Chiller Territory

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have to work the weekend so I have today on tomorrow off. My wife and I were planning an all day trip but I'm pretty burnt out so we took a 4-hour drive along the Toronto lakefront and strayed into Chiller's territory where we went for a few walks.

Some pics of the Scarborough Bluffs from the top.
23aug6758.jpg

23aug6774.jpg

23aug6769.jpg

23aug6777.jpg

Then we visited the Rosetta McCain Gardens on Kingston Rd.
23aug6781.jpg

The Monarchs were everywhere
23aug6784.jpg

23aug6797.jpg

23aug6801.jpg

23aug6805.jpg

23aug6809.jpg

23aug6332.jpg

Cheers,

Eric

yeah, great shots. I like the second one and the black and white one especially.

Love your photography, these are great. Love the DOF, composition, everything. Butterfly shots are beautiful.

Eric, the time has come at last when even I am running out of words to express how much I like to look at your photos over and again!

What I am wondering about is: how much of the really close close-ups of the butterflies, for example, are crops from larger frames? But you probably have both equipment and "the eye" to frame your pictures just in the way they are shown here, right?

LaFoto said:
Eric, the time has come at last when even I am running out of words to express how much I like to look at your photos over and again!

What I am wondering about is: how much of the really close close-ups of the butterflies, for example, are crops from larger frames? But you probably have both equipment and "the eye" to frame your pictures just in the way they are shown here, right?

The first butterfly image was shot with a 18-70mm lens and slightly cropped. I was within a few feet of the butterflies. The last image was with a 300mm at about 6 feet. These butterflies were really close and often landed on us.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. The only thing I noticed after looking at these images again is the horizon on the first few is a little off.

Eric

now that you mention the horizon.. yes it could do with some straightening :D
neverthless gorgeous shots as always! don't know how you do it over and over so damn well :D
really very nice :)

Mansi said:
now that you mention the horizon.. yes it could do with some straightening :D
neverthless gorgeous shots as always! don't know how you do it over and over so damn well :D
really very nice :)

Thanks, I really kicked myself for not seeing the horizon before I posted. I will leave it as is for punishment and I will maybe remember to check next time.

Eric

Just unbelievable Airic. The photos of the bluffs are just stunning. I was down there last night, and there is a lot of damage from the storms. I will try to scale them soon and see if I can get some shots. The edges of the bluffs are still to soft to walk over yet and there are a lot of downed trees. I am thining you were at the bottom of Midland ave?
Did you see the old schoolhouse at Rosetta? Love the butterfly image. All of these are just amazing Airic. Thanks for sharing.

eric, these are beautiful....great shots... i have to see this sometime....canada must just be beautiful....you, canoncan, chiller, you all seem to show the very best of canada... toronto must be spectacular.....

gotta visit....soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back