JLEphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eldridgestudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
090610__JEP4123.jpg

I like way the water looks with the long exposure, nice shot. I almost feel anxious looking at it like I want to be able to look upstream so bad!

You have completely blown out the water for your long exposure on this one. This leaves the image uninteresting to me. Do you have / did you use an ND filter? One might have saved some of the detail.

Couple things to consider with water shots.....

Use a tripod, this will eliminate the lack of clarity in the rocks and the overall picture being out of focus.

Secondly, long exposures are cool when shooting water shots, however this one is way too long. If your going for the "fuzzy" water look, remember less is more. You can get the same effect with a much high shutter speed....especially with a tripod.

just my opinion

Thanks. This was about 30 seconds on a tripod very early in the morning. Next time I will try a shorter shutter speed. Thnks for the advice!

Hmmm EXIF data shows 2.5 seconds. Might want to try smaller f stop, and as said before ND filter.

Sadly didn't think about looking at the mettadata... Using the exposure brush I was able to simulate the ND filter. Thanks for the comments!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back