China

tuckamore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all.

I was fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to visit Beijing recently. Here are a couple of pictures from the trip. Thanks for looking.

3744362832_b6bdd6e7c3.jpg

3743568993_f7f274252b.jpg

Unlike the Pirate of Texture, :) , I like them both.

I don't think the muted contrast in your first is a detriment. It fits the feel and mood of the overcast, wet day. And it's very nicely composed with a good lead in curve to your subjects, the folks in the boat. The eye is very definitely drawn to them.

I agree with the Pirate regarding cloning stuff out of the water in your second image if it's possible, as it would enhance the reflection. Composition-wise, it's generally thought that a horizon bisecting the image makes it more static. If one could bring the horizon up or down, closer to the thirds or quarters, it's thought to create a more dynamic composition. Of course it's much more difficult when dealing with a large reflection such as yours. And every 'rule' is made to be broken, but it should be very intentional.

We don't often see someone who is just beginning to post have such nice images.

Well done.

#2 is unreal! the texture alone blows my mind! good shots!:thumbup:

Actually, you're more the Lord of Texture, but since Pirate's in your username...

Wow. Thanks very much to everyone for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back