Chinese Gardens C&C please

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by bwlergh, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bwlergh

bwlergh TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    First rough edit I did after I got home after the shoot.

1. I know the Man in the red shirt is there :( We thought he left and just as I took the picture, he reappeared again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    All three of these are very centrally composed. They could be more "dramatic" if this weren't the case.
    I don't understand the reason for your pp of the first, are you hoping to diminish the blown out parts by decreasing the saturation?
    The light situation wasn't working to your favours with bright patches and deep shadows, and you best solved it in 2, though I find 2 quite poorly composed, almost cutting through her ellbows, which there's lots of room over her head. And you might have used the vertical frame for once...

The last is a funny snapshot.
    You do see the totally blown patches on her face yourself, though, don't you? But her smile is nice, frank, open :D.

3. bwlergh

bwlergh TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks.

Nope, I did it because I could. I prefer abstract colours with heavy emphasis on blacks.

How about this (please excuse the poor quality I hit save on a jpeg):

[​IMG]

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What happened to her feet?
    Room enough above her head for your watermark, and no feet? Cropped at the ankles? Isn't cropping through joints the big no-no? (I learnt about that fact on this very forum, TPF...).
    But the vertical framing IS better, I think :D.

5. bwlergh

bwlergh TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    She was wearing ugly thongs which did not go with the rest of the outfit :| so "Off with her Feet"

I already made her take off the bracelets and necklaces and shoes for half the shoot.

I personally prefer the other one.

6. NateS

NateS TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Personally I kind of like the PP on the first one. However, I'm at a loss as to why you framed these the way you did. Aside from the centering of the subject (first compositional error), you cut her off halfway down the body in the first, yet left half a frame of empty space above her head? You could have easily fit her entire body in that picture and not had the dead space above that looks "off".

On the second, you cut her off at the waist and again have dead space above to where you could have had more of the girl in the frame instead of the dead space. Obviously the last one is messed up because of her being a foot amputee. She couldn't have kicked the sandles off for the photo?

Most of these also have really bright hot spots/blown out sections. Like her cheeks and arms in the 3rd photo and her entire right side in the last photo.

I do like some of what you did with your PP though, just need to get the base photo a little better and you'll be set I think.