Chinese New Year

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took a couple of shots of the first day of celebrations of the Chinese New Year in Chinatown, NYC. I like how these turned out but would like to know other people's take on them, how could I am improved on them?

chinesenewyear.jpg

chinesenewyear2.jpg

#2 is great, captures the feel well. With the first, I think it could have benefitted from a little more scene awareness - the heads are chopped off and you've really got a bit too much empty space in the frame. Nice and sharp though, well exposed.

Rob

No 2 :thumbup: :thumbsup:

Looks very Chinatown to me.
Makes me more and more excited with my upcoming (first ever!) trip to New York at the beginning of April!!!

LOL, you guys reply quick, don't you have work to do or something?! Heehee. Thanks everyone. #2 is my favourite too, although I thought maybe it was a little overexposed top left? Glad you like 'em, thanks for commenting.

LaFoto: Chinatown is like nothing you've ever experienced before. Expect to get lost and completely confused because it's like a little warren there, but really lovely place to wander around aimlessly for hours.

We've only got 4 days :shock:
I think we can only take in a minute fraction of what there is to be seen in New York!

Love the colours. Number two especially.

i really like the second shot! it's just perfect! hooray for colors! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks guys. I'm glad the colours came out, it was such a vibrant place, I wanted to get it right.

Most reactions

Back