Chinese quality?

fotolover1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey members
Is it worth it buying a TRUSS-setup and eventual lighting from a Chinese manufacturer. When I say worth it, I am using it in regard of pricing (incl. shipping) and the lifecycle of the product itself?

I don't know. Have you compared costs between buying a local setup and and international setup?

many times you can buy many Chinese products under different names.
Buying locally or even have it ship to you where they would take a return, at least allows you to inspect it's quality. If not up to what you want you can return it.

Buying from China directly, many times it's not worth it to return it due to high shipping costs.

Your question is based on the quality and longevity of the product.
Without being able to at least look at the specific item, we really don't know.

You are probably better off asking for suggestions within a certain budget (based on your area country etc?) and getting recommendations.

Well, I am looking for TRUSS bars / setup and LED lights of 5600k. Also, just interested to know if there are any Chinese generics of popular photography brands that match quality?
Anyone that has any experience with buying from China?

Considering that a TRUSS system is pretty much a one time buy I doubt that there will be many people that have experience with both. As to the quality, it is like everything else. You get what you pay for.

You don't have a location in you profile. If you live in or near a big city go to any theatrical equipment dealer and look at what they have, the quality and the maker and see what you like. Remember China accounts for more than 50% of all steel in world as well as a large portion of the aluminum these days so you are already dealing with Chinese products.

Chinesium is a very tricky element.
Yes you can usually get it a bit cheaper overseas, however some local shops may cary a similar chinesium products that as mentioned above may also cary a return policy or even a warranty.

I myself have chinesium flashes and monolights that work quite well but I cannot state how long they will last.
If you post up the specific chinesium product someone here may have experience with it.

You get what you pay for is an oft-quoted maxim. Sometimes you even get MORE than you payed for!

Most reactions

Back