Chins

I would not want to do such extensive editing on every picture of her from a wedding. That would take FOREVER! I would just do what you can to minimize it during the wedding (even if she has to stick her neck out a ton) and only try to fix it in PS on a few of the really nice shots.

The pictures with edited chins looks good, but they no longer look like her. She might have an issue with her physical appearance, but everyone who knows her is used to seeing her with chins. That's just the way she looks.

Can you imagine her bitching to her friends? "That photographer sucks. He gave me double chins in every picture." They'd look at her like she was crazy, then look at her chins, and say, "I think he gave them to you permanently."

you are really going to have to be very careful of the poses with their wedding....as jubba said, have her lean forward from the waist slighty...and just be very aware of the lilt of her chin/neck.

i can see in several of the poses that she is leaning back into him and that is a big no no when anyone with a chin problem is concerned, so watch that!! i myself have a 'chin problem' so i am VERY Aware of it with all of my clients and am constantly having people shift or lift chin to avoid it...just something i do constantly. Maybe its becuase i'm sensitive to it or maybe its just good practice becuase you are there to capture them at their best!!! pay attention to those details.

Heip,
I hate to say it but that image looks un-natural...she looks superimposed in that picture...even though she wasn't. Not only did you get rid of her second chin, you also got rid of her first one! It makes for a good laugh though.

Okay, do these work? Or is it too much. Do I need to try a different method?
chinedited.jpg

Watch out you can do so well know one will recognize its her

One thing I've learned recently, was that when shooting ladies with neck/chin like this, try to get them to turn their head slightly. That was, if you still get a weak chin, it's easier to fix. The straight on look is much harder to deal with.
Rachelle did a pretty good job though.

Yeah, wow, those edits look good. I think they look like a different, younger, slimmer woman, but that's probably closer to her idea of what she looks like than the originals. Maybe you really are a Photoshop god! Let us know what she thinks of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back