Choosing a name!

Not too sure about all the "shooting" references... and of course, here in the U.S. people seem to have a bit of an aversion to anything with reference to shooting children...

Guy with the camera... hmmm... I've heard of "Two Men And A Truck" Moving company, so why not?!
I think you almost made the connection. His suggestions were obviously tongue in cheek. :mrgreen:

I chuckled when I read "shooting children photography".

I like "Let Me Shoot You, Photography" personally. That or "That's it I'm shooting you, Photography". That way you can avoid the whole shooting children thing.

I'm always feeling sorry for the person that has to write out a check to these businesses with the tongue-in-cheek names!

PAY TO THE ORDER OF: That's It I'm Shooting You, Photography

"now, is that all capitalized? Can you spell 'photography' for me please..."

how about your first name/middle name - photography or photographer.
effective and trusting is the key.

I'd say this sounds like a good time to get all your ideas down on paper. Start with writing down all the related words you can thinkn of (your name, photography related words, etc). Then try to combine any combination of these words to see what works and what's already taken.

StephiPhoto sounds simple and professional with strong self confident. The spirit of the establishment relies on Stephi, not any other fancy tricks. Afterall, you have to be supported by really good and convincing portfolio - yes, Stephi is the One for the job.

I'm always keeping lists of name ideas - for the band I never played in, for the business I never started, for the book I never wrote, etc.

When it came time to have my own photo blog a combination of all of those ideas finally hit me. After that, variations of it keep popping into my head as well.

I like having some part of the business name say photography or imaging in some way. If customers have to wonder what "StephiShoots" means they are more likely to turn to a different ad that they do understand. Is that gun shop or a basketball-themed restaurant?

So if it was me I'd write down all the potential photography related terms I could think of and then start combining them with your name and/or anything else catchy you've come up with.

well its can be

"Shoot you Down"

I like StephiPhoto, like others have said.
And the experteece is cute, too. I dont know that I'd use it as a title, but maybe a slogan or something.

I like experteece! "experteece Photography" --- has a nice ring to it!

Thank you everyone, you have definitely given me more to think about, and I like some of the ideas that people have come up with, and they have given me some ideas on how I may go about choosing the name :)

Most reactions

Back