Choosing the right film

Dweller

Inconspicuous Supporter
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I know what I am asking is somewhat subjective but I am hoping to get some help choosing the right film for some outdoor (possibly overcast) shots I am planning.

I will be using slide film and the condiitons will be mostly shaded with exposures up to 8 seconds but mostly in the 1-2 second range. I will be shooting a lot of foliage and water.

I have been using Fuji exclusively since starting photography 18 months ago and have almost always been impressed with the results but have only shot 2 rolls of slide film so far... one was Provia 100f (I think) And I dont remember the other one.

What I am trying to determine now is what would be best based on what I want to do. I went over to the Fujichrome site and am presented with 4 different products and no real way (that I can see) to tell the difference. One is for tungsten light - thats for indoor use and can be excluded right? So that leaves me with Velvia, Astia and Provia.

I intend to use the slowest film I can find so based on the broad description of what I will be using it for, what would you reccomend?

Velvia = warm and saturated
Astia = natural color and low contrast (for slide film)
Provia = somewhere between Astia and Velvia, my personal favorite (for slide film)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back