Chris Burke has been banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah...I didnt call you a cockaroach. But I can think of a few members here, that I can. :lol::lol:

it is a true statement, but we do need to remember to keep that to our selves. i was a mod as well awhile back. not here, but on another forum that i and another member here created for black and white photography. dealing with people is a rough job no matter what. being in the air force and police reservist as well as a forum member i know this as well as many other people. again as said many times before. this was a personal issue. those with the issue of it should pm mods and respectively talk to them.

So to clear up a few misconceptions, Chris earned his banning. If he was familiar with the TPF rules he would have known that this is a privately owned forum and there is no 'rights to say whatever you want regardless'... or that personal attacks are not allowed, or that arguing with a mods request is not tolerated.

He was then only on a temporary ban... just to cool off, he was welcomed to come back and continue posting after this period. But what did he do?... he through another fit, made a new account and created a personal thread about how he been so hard done to, and that i am on a high post count trip (that is just too funny).
So the temp ban gets turned to a permanent ban.... he was warned... he didn't have to go out of his way to make the situation worse, can't get much fairer than that.

Arch, although you didn't owe me an explanation, I appreciate it. Let me take this opportunity to publicly apologize for the inappropriate knee-jerk thread.. You and I have had our differences, and yes, I do get political sometimes, but I think you're usually pretty fair. The pinch of salt thing was kind of bad because it relegated every future post by Chris to questionable status for all who read that advice by you, and I don't think that was fair.

I'll admit that when you warned me, I did violate a rule and say something political, so I can't really complain about that. It just seemed for a time that you were, "Out to get me," and that sucked, as I do enjoy and benefit from the help provided here.

i used to be a mod on a few sites back in the day, it drove me nuts. I guess the general public dont always see the rubbish that happens because its deleted before they get to, which is a mod doing a good job, but the forum then looks clean and people are left wondering what happened to anyone banned....but that part n pacel.

frankly, beig banned is a persons own fault and a mods own decision, im not entirely sure in a thread being posted supporting either side. It seems a waste of internet space we could be using to make an online ordering of pizza on!!

;)

Can a mod please change the title of this thread to "Chris Burke has a band?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back