Christmas card photo

hart0710

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Looking to do something different and unique this year with the Christmas card photo, but can't seem to come up with anything. Anybody have any ideas or examples? Thanks in advance.

Here's a few of mine from years past. My daughter is rather fickle when it comes to photos and sometimes she'll entertain the idea, sometimes not. I don't seem to have the first year in photobucket anymore, but she was just dressed up in a little santa outfit seated in a chair. This was the second year pic w/ the caption "Hope you have a rockin Christmas and New Year!:
IMGP3000x2.jpg

This was last years:
Cardweb.jpg

This year, I really wanted to do "A Christmas Story" theme. A Christmas Story by Jean Shepherd
I found a screenshot from the movie where Flick had his tongue stuck to the flag pole and my idea was to have a shot of my daughter licking our basketball goal (last week it was 60 degrees, no worries of actually sticking) all bundled up in similar garb. Then I was going to clone her head, chest etc over flicks and keep Ralphie and others in the shot. I thought it was a great idea, she didn't like it and wouldn't trust me, so this years is just a simple headshot w/ a santa hat on her. I just shot it last night. It came out okay, I'll post it later.

These are great!! They all look so cute!

To be honest, I've never taken photos especially for the cards, I usually just find one of my favorite photos I have taken over the year and use ChristmasCardsDirect - Photo Christmas Cards and Business Holiday Cardsto make it feel festive

Thanks for sharing some of your inspiration though, I think Ill try a few of them next year:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back