Christmas Conundrum

Anubis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bryanmansell.co.uk
Hi Everyone,

I have two choices for a Xmas pressie this year, money towards a shiny new D70 or an Enlarger for my as yet incomplete darkroom.

I quite fancy switching to digital, but reading through some posts last week I found out that for a digital camera to take a photo with quality equivalent to 35mm it has to be at least 12 Megapixel.

Is this true?

Could someone with a D70 take a shot of anything and send me the file so I can have a look at the quality?

Other than that what do you think, money for camera or enlarger to complete my darkroom?

Bryan

I'd say it depends where your main interest is. If you get the D70, you aren't going to have much need for the enlarger. If you want to work in the darkroom, then you've got to have an enlarger.

On the other hand, if you look at used enlargers you can probably find a decent one for $100 or less, and then you can have both.

I already have all the darkroom kit, the only piece missing is the enlarger. I had ordered an enlarger last christmas but the shop kept messing me about ("it will be here tomorrow" ad nauseum) and it kind of slipped away as I got stuck in at uni again.

I love wildlife photography, the D70 will be great for checking shots straight away, no proccessing costs etc. On the other hand the weather here sucks a great deal of the time so at least I can be in my darkroom still enjoying photography.

I guess I should do a list of pros and cons :? :)

Bryan

-----edit----
I just saw the photographs andyry78 took with his D70 ( www.rynesonline.com ). Quality looks as good as 35mm to me! (obviously printing larger versions is when problems start to arise :?: )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back