Christmas Gift

surfingfireman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I received a combination scanner/printer/copier under the tree, looks pretty nice, but I am sure a dedicated scanner and a dedicated printer would produce better quality shots. I would like to get a negative scanner and a good photo printer. From what I have seen in magazines it seems like the Minolta Dimage III is a pretty popular scanner and the Epson Stylus 1270 or 1280 printer are pretty hot items too. Any tips or advice on these products. Seems almost everyone who submits pics to photo magazines uses one of those printers. Are they of good enough quality to actually display and possibly sell prints? Or would I be better off getting a more affordable printer and using a pro lab to produce "important" prints?

I know that trading in the combo device won't be enough to get those high quality products but I could definitely offset the cost of two dedicated devices.

I know this is a pretty open question but any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I think Voodocat has a Dimage III scanner you should ask him about it

IMO a home photo prints are not a good value, the cost digital prints at mini-labs are now about the same as prints for film

I pay $3 for an 8x10 from Adorama. Not much more than what it costs in ink and paper to print on an inkjet. Plus it's archival which inkjet printers are usually not.

So it sounds like it might be worth it to get a good film scanner, that way you can scan and ps images, but it might be a better idea to save the printing to the pros...?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Most reactions

Back