Christmas Market in Bremen

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So yesterday I was in Bremen and we also went to the Christmas market there (when my Powershot suddenly became "ill", sigh, that's another story, though), and it was the first time in WEEKS that I could make myself take a camera into my hands again and take some photos:

002sgestraeanfang.jpg

Taken with the Powershot

007karussel.jpg

Taken with the Powershot

020weihnachtsmarkt.jpg

Taken with the Powershot, which at this time had already developed its "illness": the screen does not give me any more preview, which I kind of "need" with that little camera since through the little viewfinder I get no information on anything at all - the review mode works all right, though, and Sabine tried to put it into video mode and voilà, the screen works in preview mode, but NOT when I want to take a photo. All black. Which is quite a nuisance since the Powershot is a handy little thing which is quite nice for night photography in situations when I don't want to lug about the real tripod, only "the weapon". Hmph :scratch: :cry:

023weihnachtsmarkt.jpg

Same view of the Christmas market on the market square in Bremen, this time taken with the 350D and the kit lens, hand held, since I did not bring the big tripod (and "the weapon" - which is showing signs of weakness, too, mind - does not support the 350D)

024weihnachtsmarkt.jpg

350D - quite underexposed to be able to handhold this one

026weihnachtsmarkt.jpg

350D

030weihnachtsmarkt.jpg

350D - same caroussell as before, now closer up and not moving

Nice shootin Corinna. That is quite the light show.

Thank you for sharing. these are very nice photos and very festive. Happy Holidays.

So you think the feeling is being transported - you feel like wanting a Glühwein, for example? You smell the anis sweets? You hear the music?
If that happened then it is ok.
I was totally unsure about how to handle the camera in the first place (I seem to be drained somehow), and the fact that the Powershot started to fail on me halfway through the experience didn't help things at all...!

#2 and #6 capture the atmosphere so well. I can almost hear the kids (and adults alike) squealing and yelling as the person on the inside is sliding into the person ont he outside in the first ride. :) Good memories.

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite is number 6. I dunno why I guess its because of the contrast and the colours. I wish they had stuff like that here in Wyoming.

Thank you so much for all your nice comments.
I'll now start yet another thread on my yesterday's afternoon on the Christmas markets (many more than one!) in HAMBURG. Watch out for that one ;).

Most reactions

Back