Christmas mini time ~update P2

LCLimages

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Quick shoot today with the girls from an autumn family session I had & posted in October. The baby hammed it up as usual.

Couldn't get the older girl to look at me no matter what I did to draw her attention :Clown: :lol:

Lovely set! I am sure the mom will be pleased!

These turned out pretty well! Iike the one with the entire group of three posed by the little Christmas tree. I see what you mean about the little girl just hamming it up to the max, and her big sister looking a bit off-to-the side in her single.

Oh man, I couldn't get her to look at me. Her mom was getting frustrated with her. I think she's just at an age where she's unsure of herself. I shot and shot and shot and not a one where she's really engaged with me or the camera.

Look nice. i did find the bulbs over their heads a little distracting and out of place, but see how it kind of goes with the entire fun Christmas thing..

im gonna go out on a limb here and make a suggestion.
the two lone ornaments just floating above the people? not really working so well for me.
i would try this. take red and green ribbon, or rickrack, and hang the ornaments all the way across.
stagger the heights on them, one higher and one lower, so you kinda have two staggered rows.
alternate the ribbon/rickrack colors between red and green. you can also alternate ornament colors.

im not really the "crafty" type, so maybe this is a pretty lame idea, but when i looked at the first two pictures, thats what came to mind.

also, I think for the family shot, since there is almost no tree in the picture, and only two lonely rogue ornaments, i would have moved the tree directly behind them. the crop is super tight to moms left side.

the two baby shots are really nice. i like the framing, and I like where you placed baby in the frame in relation to the prop. I like that baby is in the right third of the frame, but baby+prop are basically centered. very nicely set up!
the wife is partial to the second baby shot. great expression there!

Good photos. My only issue are the two random ornaments above their heads are distracting to me, I keep looking at them instead of the people.

I can clone out the ornaments if they're seriously that distracting. Designer, I'm 100% with you on the family shot. I think the framing is too tight. It's by far the best facial expression on the older girl though, and the most engaged with the camera I could get her. I figured that would be what's most important to the client.

I can clone out the ornaments if they're seriously that distracting. Designer, I'm 100% with you on the family shot. I think the framing is too tight. It's by far the best facial expression on the older girl though, and the most engaged with the camera I could get her. I figured that would be what's most important to the client.
I'm not going to go on record as saying "seriously that distracting" I'm just saying what I thought when I saw them.
Maybe something to try next time.
I do agree about the facial expression.

Sorry if I sounded defensive :p Didn't mean to. In the family shot, I kinda felt because of the framing being so tight, there was nothing Christmas-y about it without ornaments. But I can see where they'd be distracting.

I really like the group portrait! I didn't even notice the floating ornaments until I read the comments. I'd probably clone them out too :)

If you have a better family group shot where everyone looks good aside from the "difficult" girl, have you considered switching her head from this shot into that one? Or just the face? If lighting and perspective are the same it's really not very hard to do (I acknowledge that some people consider this sort of thing to be anathema). :D

Those are nice, good lighting and colors. the 2 bulbs hanging are a little distracting but they don't really draw my attention that much..

If you have a better family group shot where everyone looks good aside from the "difficult" girl, have you considered switching her head from this shot into that one? Or just the face? If lighting and perspective are the same it's really not very hard to do (I acknowledge that some people consider this sort of thing to be anathema). :D

I'm absolutely not afraid to face swap :lol: I did it on the last time I photographed this family. Unfortunately this time I don't have a suitable photo. I looked and tried... she is literally up, down, up, down, looking at mom, looking at the ceiling, looking behind her, running off, etc etc. Any potential candidate for swapping - she's not in the same angle or perspective at all. I just couldn't make it look realistic.

I'm absolutely not afraid to face swap :lol: I did it on the last time I photographed this family. Unfortunately this time I don't have a suitable photo. I looked and tried... she is literally up, down, up, down, looking at mom, looking at the ceiling, looking behind her, running off, etc etc. Any potential candidate for swapping - she's not in the same angle or perspective at all. I just couldn't make it look realistic.

Oh well, it was a thought. :(
We all get subjects like that from time to time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back