Christmas pic C&C

Plastic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Christmas2008041.jpg

wayyyy to destracting of a background, and subjects facing away are usually a no-no. the focus and DOF is great though

wayyyy to destracting of a background, and subjects facing away are usually a no-no. the focus and DOF is great though

I agree, maybe if you had had him turn to his side or someway incorporated his face it would have turned out better.

I agree on the red.

But I disagree on the changing the angle of the shot. I fully believe I think I know what the kid is thinking at that moment. I know by seeing the presents under the tree why the kid is there. And it appears he is far enough back that he knows he can't have them yet. But he looks to be kneeling down, as in trying to get as close to them as possible to try and figure out what is his without getting in trouble. :mrgreen:

And what is he thinking?

What is mine, and why in the heck can't I open them now? Maybe just one right now? :lol:

I think the background is kinda the point. Kid looking at the chaos of christmas and presents, etc.

To lump yet another opinion on the pile, I think the picture is just a bit too square. More to the right would be cool. Or perhaps crop a bit off top.

However, I like the image a lot as it is. Yes, it's over-reddened a bit, and yes it's yellowish a bit, but I think both of those things work great for this shot.

Thank you all for your input. It is very helpful. If I wanted to "desaturate" the red, how would I do that?

If you have Photoshop, you can go to Image -> Adjust -> Saturation, and in the new box which opens up then, "Master" is the default word to show up, but you can open yet another little drop down menue which offers you all the colours, yellow, red, blue, magenta, cyan and green (I think), and you then choose only "red" and can thus reduce the red.

And I like the direction of the boy's gaze, and I like how we can really see his eye-lashes, which I take for tack-sharp in print, against all the Christmas ornamentary fallen out of our own focus. Not too bad an attempt!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back