Christmas Pics for CC

oliver&sophie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried taking some christmas pics of my little girl who is 18 months (not an easy age). I am looking for cc on exposure, focus and color. I am not concerned about the composition on these as it's just my kid and I will take what I can get. :wink:

cheesea.jpg

sophiesmilea.jpg

Those are as good as I've seen from some studios.. Perhaps a hair light above would do her justice. Very nice.

Very well done. The only thing I would suggest is a seperation light, as her hair starts to get lost in the black backdrop.

Thanks for the cc. I am using all natural light though and have not really ventured into studio lights yet. There was some wonderful golden light coming through my window when I took these.

Thanks for the cc. I am using all natural light though and have not really ventured into studio lights yet. There was some wonderful golden light coming through my window when I took these.
Ok, then my suggestion would be a lighter backdrop ;)

I see what you are saying. I know her hair does kind of get lost. I will have to get some sort of light if I want to do the pics on a black backdrop again. I just get confused as to which white balance setting to use when I am mixing lights. I struggle with white balance issues which is why I should be doing a custom white balance. ;)

love the focus of the eyes. good job

good shots, but christmas pictures? lol

Thanks, but are u saying this because it's November, if so I am a Christmas fanatic, or is it because there are no Christmas props. If that's what u mean, I hate props well certain kinds of props, I like things nice and simple and something I can display all year round. :wink:

I see what you are saying. I know her hair does kind of get lost. I will have to get some sort of light if I want to do the pics on a black backdrop again. I just get confused as to which white balance setting to use when I am mixing lights. I struggle with white balance issues which is why I should be doing a custom white balance. ;)
Always try to use the same type of light (tungsten, fluorescent, flash), or else you'll have white balance issues no matter what. But if you do find yourself struggling with white balance, shoot in RAW, and worry about it later ;)

Cute pic. the reason I wouldn't think Christmas picture is she is wearing NO sleeves I think her outfit needs a white turtle neck at least!! The title Christmas and then her outfit make me think she must be cold and I need to run and put a jacket on her..
I'm sure you live some where hot hot hot.. but you get what I'm saying right??

Always try to use the same type of light (tungsten, fluorescent, flash), or else you'll have white balance issues no matter what. But if you do find yourself struggling with white balance, shoot in RAW, and worry about it later ;)

Thanks. I do shoot in RAW but I still find it hard getting skintones right. I am sure with practice I will get better. I am gonna buy a whibal or white card this week though to get it right in camera.

Cute pic. the reason I wouldn't think Christmas picture is she is wearing NO sleeves I think her outfit needs a white turtle neck at least!! The title Christmas and then her outfit make me think she must be cold and I need to run and put a jacket on her..
I'm sure you live some where hot hot hot.. but you get what I'm saying right??

Ok, Gotcha and actually it is cold here and I did have a white shirt to go with this dress but I liked it better sleeveless. I guess with a client I should consider this but for my own kid I liked this better. :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back