Christmas Pics - Lets see them!

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know many of us got into photography because we wanted to take pictures of family and friends. I know I bought my first DSLR because I wanted to take pictures of my son.

So let's see some of your Christmas shots of your family, friends, pets, etc.!

My wife got me up this morning bright and early to take Christmas pics of our son for Christmas cards. So, here's the shot we're going with.

738880776_e6bWV-XL.jpg

I look forward to seeing your shots!

Great shots Reyna!

Thank you so much! That actually means a lot! I think I softened the faces too much on #2 and 3 but, oh well! I'm learning! Also, there seems to be some halo around my youngest son in the 3rd photo! Next time I won't be on my 2nd glass of wine when I started editing :sexywink:

inTempus- your son is a cutie!

Last edited:
Here is one that I did for a friend at work, I had limited space and only a pop up flash. I know that the crop goes against the portrait rules but this is what they wanted.

_MG_0022_edit2.jpg

Keep in mind you can bounce or diffuse your pop-up flash.

Here is one that I did for a friend at work, I had limited space and only a pop up flash. I know that the crop goes against the portrait rules but this is what they wanted.

_MG_0022_edit2.jpg

Looks a bit of a snap shots, but I think cloning out the things on the wall would help, as well as the red-eye. Seems a bit dark, too.

Man... I haven't actually done any yet this year. I need to get on that.

InTempus, that's a nice Christmas card shot with some nice lighting. Your ability and skill has really developed over the past year.

We went with something simple. I wanted to take a shot of my daughter all bundled up and faking that her tongue was stuck to the b-ball goal. From there I was going to clone that into a pic I found online from "A Christmas story" where Flick had his tongue stuck to the flag pole and I was going to leave Ralphie and the rest of the gang in the pic. I really liked the idea, but my 4 y/o daughter wasn't into the idea. So we went with a simple headshot instead.

IMGP9563.jpg

Looks a bit of a snap shots, but I think cloning out the things on the wall would help, as well as the red-eye. Seems a bit dark, too.

It is how he wanted the shot set up and edited. I did look at it on a diferent computer and it looked dark to me there too, I think I need to get my new laptop calibrated. I was looking for sothing to difuse the pop up but it was last minute, What would you recomend to bounce/diffuse a pop up flash?

Hope it's ok with inanimate objects! This one is not perfected, but in the meantime...

4180695786_e48efa96af_o.jpg

What would you recomend to bounce/diffuse a pop up flash?

I have used Kleenex/Tissue, Toilet paper, paper towel, white fabric, to diffuse the pop-up flash to great effect.

An index card, white cardboard, colored cardboard(experiments), foil covered cardboard, little mirror, etc, tape and a little ingenuity to bounce pop-up flash.

InTempus, that's a nice Christmas card shot with some nice lighting. Your ability and skill has really developed over the past year.

Great pic John, and thank you.

Here is my contribution. I love the shots of your kids InTempus, Reyna and Johnboy. My kids are raised and moved on. I miss those days. You guys are really talented and created some great memories with those shots.

Attachments

• $IMG_0125.jpg
    $IMG_0125.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 143

Most reactions

New Topics

Back