Christmas Present for Mom...

wyldkard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zcampphoto.com
I originally messed around with photoshopping people into a photo I took of the sky with sunlight streaks coming through the clouds. It looked great, so as much as my Mom loves pictures and photography, I thought it would be a nice gift idea to photoshop my Mom and Dad into the pic and get it framed in an 8x10 for them. I took several photos of them together, but when I finally sat down to do the work on the images, I got another idea. After a couple of hours of editing and a few hand cramps, this is what I came up with.

parentssmall.jpg

This is of course a resized image. The print turned out excellent and will make a nice addition to their collection of photographs.

Let me know what you think and any critiques are more than welcome. :wink:

They look very happy, I'm sure they'll love it.

About the photo, the selective coloring looks good. There's one flower right below your Dad's ear that looks awkward. But, in a larger print, it might be fine. I'm just wondering how you did the b/w conversion? It looks very flat. Did you just desaturate? I think it could really benefit from a contrast boost in the b/w.

I just did the grayscale in Photoshop to achieve the black and white. Good idea on the contrast. I may mess with that and see what I can come up with.

Oh...and in the larger print the flower under his ear looks alright, I see what you mean in the smaller image.

I'm at work now, and my work monitor is pretty dark. But...that already looks a lot better! Good job, they'll love it :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back