Christmas Present for Mom...

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by wyldkard, Dec 6, 2005.

1. wyldkard

wyldkard TPF Noob!

I originally messed around with photoshopping people into a photo I took of the sky with sunlight streaks coming through the clouds. It looked great, so as much as my Mom loves pictures and photography, I thought it would be a nice gift idea to photoshop my Mom and Dad into the pic and get it framed in an 8x10 for them. I took several photos of them together, but when I finally sat down to do the work on the images, I got another idea. After a couple of hours of editing and a few hand cramps, this is what I came up with.

[​IMG]

This is of course a resized image. The print turned out excellent and will make a nice addition to their collection of photographs.

Let me know what you think and any critiques are more than welcome. :wink:

2. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    They look very happy, I'm sure they'll love it.

About the photo, the selective coloring looks good. There's one flower right below your Dad's ear that looks awkward. But, in a larger print, it might be fine. I'm just wondering how you did the b/w conversion? It looks very flat. Did you just desaturate? I think it could really benefit from a contrast boost in the b/w.

3. wyldkard

wyldkard TPF Noob!

I just did the grayscale in Photoshop to achieve the black and white. Good idea on the contrast. I may mess with that and see what I can come up with.

Oh...and in the larger print the flower under his ear looks alright, I see what you mean in the smaller image.

4. wyldkard

wyldkard TPF Noob!

Maybe something like this??

[​IMG]

5. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm at work now, and my work monitor is pretty dark. But...that already looks a lot better! Good job, they'll love it :thumbup: