Chrome Horses

Thorniest Whisper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I passed a car show at a root beer stand. Had my camera so I stopped. The actual print is sharper than my scanned one. You can read the raised lettering on the hoses.

Nice shot but a little fill flash wouldn't have hurt (IMHO) and the owner of that motor is nuts for leaving the air cleaners off like that.

flash might cause unwanted highlights, especially with chrome...

looks like your shot could use a half stop to a stop more exposure though.

craig said:
The "chrome" is quite impressive. I think I want an engine like that for my Jeep.

LOL craig. I don't think they actually drive these cars. Either that they spend as much time cleaning them as I do on this forum.

looks like your shot could use a half stop to a stop more exposure though
Thanks for that tip sean.

"Hot Rod" shows come to my town a lot. I can't say that I have stopped at one for more than 5 minutes (Jeep shows are probably a lot cooler). If I owned a "classic" I would tow it on the highway, and drive it around town.

Now that I think about it, I am going to bring my camera to the next car show. I'll bet that there are some great "reflection" shots to get off of the hubcaps etc.

I know what you mean Craig. When I stopped at this car show I was thinking in terms of shape, color, abstracs and patterns.

When I was growing up, my father used to belong to a Bronco club and we would to to meets etc. What I wouldn't give for the opportunity to photography that now. All that action and mud flying!

YEA, Thorniest Whisper! Soon I will take my camera everywhere! As photographers we must never forget that some things are better left to memory. I think mud slingin' and 4 wheelin' are one of those times, but when I have enough courage I wil take my camera everywhere.

Most reactions

Back