butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey y'all! I hope everyone was well!

I wanted to ask all of your expert opinions on a church directory shoot - I have never done one before, but someone recently approached me to ask what I could do.

Have any of you ever done one? How do you go about doing it? How do you price? How do you have them printed? Or do you just give them a CD?

Should I even go there? I usually photograph weddings, children and families, so I'm not sure if this is even something I should venture into, but it does seem like it could be a good thing.

Please, any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm ignorant on this...who or what is a 'Church Directory'? Would it be the 'staff' etc?

Hi. I just did one.

OK, let's be real here, I'm in the process of doing one. I've got 3 Sundays in and probably 2 more to go for make-up dates. No more than an hour or so each day and I'd be in a church anyway so it's OK.

I am doing the sittings in the main auditorium after services. It's a nice space as there is plenty of room for all my equipment and has power readily available.

As to the money I would think that it will depend on what they want and how much they will pay. They will probably want web ready jpgs for their web site and some to print. I have sold some to individuals as family portraits and will be selling a few 'senior' types that will be shot on the last day.

So, add up what you would have to have for your time and expenses and then ask for that and that amount again as a donation to them to take off your taxes.

good luck!

Sorry Mike. A church directory is for the members to be able to remember names, phone numbers and addresses of others in the congregation and also for new members to be able to tell who goes with whom along with the other information.

Last edited:
Thanks! That's helpful! I guess I'll have to see exactly what they want.

Yeah, a directory is just all the members addresses, phone numbers, maybe e-mails with their photo above, put into a nice little booklet for everyone in the congregation. Most churches provide these for free to every family that goes to the church.

So it isn't too bad then? :) It seems a little daunting if you ask me!

Bike Mike It’s like a school yearbook and picture sale fund raises for the church

Who is publishing the directory? The church, you or you will be shooting for a company that this does this try of work regularly.

Who is doing the writes up about the church and pastors’ history plus the layout and printing of the directory? How will it be sold?

What type photo package will be offered to members?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back