Church Pictures C&C

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these inside my church today. How do they look?

01_03_2009_6203.jpg

01_03_2009_6251.jpg

01_03_2009_6255.jpg

01_03_2009_6217.jpg

And my personal favorite-I couldn't get centered because of the organ being in the center of the choir loft:

01_03_2009_6250.jpg

Out of the set the only one that really draws my attention is the last one. It's a shame that you couldn't get a centered shot. I'm not an organ expert, but is it just the organ keyboard that was in your way? Could you use a tripod and raise it over the organ and shoot it from there? Centered would def make for a more interesting shot.

Just some points to consider:
The pulpit has a red color cast on it.
#1 is not centered and is slightly tilted.

just my opinion, take it or leave it...

What denomination church is this, and how old is the building?

I like the angle on two. It definitely caught my attention! There's a bit of noise creeping in, though.

i have to agree they all seem tilted wrong especially the first one just cause its just barely off but so very noticeable

Out of the set the only one that really draws my attention is the last one. It's a shame that you couldn't get a centered shot. I'm not an organ expert, but is it just the organ keyboard that was in your way? Could you use a tripod and raise it over the organ and shoot it from there? Centered would def make for a more interesting shot.

Just some points to consider:
The pulpit has a red color cast on it.
#1 is not centered and is slightly tilted.

just my opinion, take it or leave it...

I didn't have too much time in the church-the Deacon was just there to water the flowers and refill the Holy Water and get the church ready for mass tomorrow. But here's the organ. I happen to have taken a picture of it:

01_03_2009_6248.jpg

As far as the red cast on things, the place is lit by sunlight coming through stained glass and has a pinkish/orange carpet.

Here is my edit of #1, as I agree that that one had no excuse for a crooked horizon:

01_03_2009_6166.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

What denomination church is this, and how old is the building?

I like the angle on two. It definitely caught my attention! There's a bit of noise creeping in, though.

This is a Catholic church, and the building was built 100 years ago this year.

The ISO was only 800, but I'll pay attention to that in the future. Thanks for the comments.

i have to agree they all seem tilted wrong especially the first one just cause its just barely off but so very noticeable

I've posted an edit.. How's that one?

Your edit is now leaning to the left.

You're right.. I think I was eating beef jerky when I edited it, and was tilting my head to the left in my attempt to tear the animal flesh.... How's this:

01_03_2009_6166.jpg

And here it is without the flash, which I really like:

01_03_2009_6165.jpg

And what do you think about these pictures? I really like them:

01_03_2009_6189.jpg

01_03_2009_6221.jpg

The edit is still left leaning - look @ the edge of the stage at the bottom of the pic. The without flash is OK.

You continue to have problems with orientation. May I suggest if your camera will show the grid lines in the display use them to your advantage.

The edit is still left leaning - look @ the edge of the stage at the bottom of the pic. The without flash is OK.

You continue to have problems with orientation. May I suggest if your camera will show the grid lines in the display use them to your advantage.

Nah.. I only have a D50... It's up to me.

May I suggest that you hit the refresh button, because that fooled me several times...

I think that one shot that your trying to get straight, may be tricky. As you were not at 90 degrees to the window, I think if you get the horizontal line straight, then the vertical lines will look out of whack. May be a tough one to get just right.

The last two where the best of the series I didnt care of the others much.

Dang. I was doing it all handheld and trying to keep the flash off. I just wanted to experience what the people in the wedding discussions were talking about with regard to banned flashes at weddings and the low light conditions. Many of my shots were at 1/30 or so, so it was hard to do hand held shots. I was going for feel, but also imagining that I was trying to capture a wedding and critiquing how they might have liked the pictures.

It was fun to shoot around in that environment.

Last edited:
My favorite is the last one you posted...the one with the multiple arches and windows.

My favorite is the last one you posted...the one with the multiple arches and windows.

I like the original #2 and the last one you posted

Thanks. I like the last one, as well. I don't think you could even get a building built like that today-it would probably cost millions if you could even find someone talented enough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back