church pulpit B&W

Mr Fish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
An early stab at B&W

normal_DJ02.jpg

Nice scene for B&W. I like all the details but would recommend a larger contrast grade to the overall photo to give it a bit more punch - try a slight curves adjustment. Also, I would crop out the window on the left.

I agree, a bit more contrast and curves will really help this photo pop. Great composition and subject matter for b/w.

the lighting is choice in this pic! would agree with the others with just slight more contrast - don't go overboard as you will loose the detail though. My only other nitpick would be to find a way to crop out the window in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for sharing that!

Thanks for the comments. I have followed your suggestions and re-edited the photo

normal_DJ02a.jpg

This is a really nice, texture-y B&W. Love the feel of the stone steps and the wall. The only other cropping suggestion I'd offer (and I'm just nitpicking here) would be at the top - I don't want to see what looks like a camera or wall light mounted above the framed scripture. I'd like to see it cropped right to the line of that dark frame. I think you did well with the adjusted contrast here, too. Nice scene! :D

Most reactions

Back