Church study #2 (87k)

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, I will be a little more specific with this one. First off this was just a test shot so I only have it in .jpg :( (I wish I had shot it RAW now!) Anyway the theory here would be to have only the bride and groom in the isle about 1/2 of the way to me with a backlight flash behind them (if the ambient from the doors is/was not enough for a silhouette).

Thoughts?

IMG_6337-diff-sat.jpg

Hmmm. Okay, so you are going for a silhouette then? From the look here, I don't think the door light is going to be enough, but with flash it would work. I'd like to see the windows at the top darkened around them a bit, so the glass looks more "glowy".

The door looks like its looking at me. Its a bit creepy. But the top window looks nice.

-Fiona

If you are going to have the bride there, I wonder how it would look with the doors open. The upper area is decently exposed, but you could probably go lighter and still look good.

Thanks again everyone. I am finding these a little hard to critique I think. I can see the finished photo in my minds eye I just don't have the people to play the part yet:(

Thank you for the feedback on what I do have so far though. Starting in mid March I will have some post wedding work to show. Until then I'll have to keep working like this and confusing everyone!:confused:

I like the composition but what if it would be better a foot or so back. The reason I say that is I personally dont like the converegence of the lines at the top of the frame.

I know the point of focus will be the bride in the aisle, but once my eyes start traveling up the lines, they get stuck at the top of the frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back