Church Trio

dpolston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these on assignment yesterday. This wasn't my focus of the assignment, just personal shots during the shoot.

attachment.php

Attachments

• $Chruch Trio copy.jpg
    $Chruch Trio copy.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 144
David, these are really good, but that first shot absolutely is a real keeper, my friend. The composition is excellent.

At the very first glance, the three men appear to be the same, until you look closer. And then you start to notice how they change in size as you keep looking up towards the top of the frame. It is weird and slightly amusing at the same time. This is a really cool shot. Excellent work.

What was the assignment?

Thanks Rick... coming from you, that means a lot!

I have a contract with an organization called the NABA. This is a missionary group (for the lack of not knowing how to best describe them) that has 74 church affiliates in the association. I am hired for 10 hours a month to go and shoot head shots of the admin, architectural/stock photos, and PJ style shots for each of the 74 churches.

It's going to take 2 or 3 years to cover them all, but I am on the "staff" at the NABA (as their corporate photographer) to help bring some of the churches from the 1960's to the 2000's in the way they do outreach.

I wish I could do more a month but they are limited to budget plus I cut them a good deal. I'm only charging them $75.00 an hour plus cost (if any) and I retain the ownership of the images. That way I can sell them to the individual churches and it's members aside from what the NABA is paying me.

Nice contract.

Rick... I thought you'd like to see the original.

attachment.php

Attachments

• $DSC_0058 copy.jpg
    $DSC_0058 copy.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 122
Thanks for posting the original. It is interesting to see how you cropped it for the B&W version.

That sounds like a great gig. Long-term documentary projects are always a lot of fun.

Thanks. Did you notice that I had to edit the legs of the two people in the very front out of the shot? They would have messed up the image if I had left them in there.

Now, that is funny. :mrgreen:

No, I did not notice until you mentioned it. Well, you certainly did a good job on it because it looks very natural.

What's up with the noise, if you don't mind me asking?

Another David thing?

Yes, I added splatter grain... but I'm not married to it. I was going for a grain thing but I have another copy that is a single shot of the 3 men and has no grain.

I rarely print my work for my personal display, but this one is going to be a 12x12 matted personal print in my home soon.

I'm not a big fan of auto-grain. If I wanted to introduce grain into something, I would layer mask some actual film grain over the digital.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back