Church - Vertical Panorama

&Denekamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First try at a vertical panorama.

The church from my village. Didn't want to do the convertional front view angle (nor could I, cause there were huge trees blocking that view)

I'm quite happy with the stitch on this one

(click to enlarge)

Any comment or critique are welcome

Niels

Hey good work! You can get rid of that bulge by using the transform perspective tool in PS and maybe a little bit of 'pinch'. The colours in those bricks are great!

i like it!!

did you use an action to frame it?

Nice one.
But the distortion is such it feels like the church has just breathed in and is now holding its breath.... ;)

Thanks for all the comments! :)

I liked toe way the tower bent away as it gets higher..:) but I'll have a see what it looks like after some perspective corrections.

Kalee, I've written myself a script in paintshop that goes trough all the actions necessary to make this border, if thats what you mean?

I'm glad you all like it! I'm thinking of printing it out as big as I can and present it to the church :)

It's a good idea, but the distortion really bothers me as well, I would correct for it during the stitching process.

How's this..? :) now that I see it this (corrected) way, I'm starting to like it over the fish eye-ish effect on the first one. but.. now the tower is (almost..) straight, the correction did bent the houses in the background.

(click to enlarge)

It still looks badly distorted to me, Are you trying to correct it before or after you stitch, it would be much eaiser before. this is the best I could do with out the origionals.

churchbigcopy4pq.jpg

wait, are you trying to staiten out the tower till it looks like this:
| |
| |

cause that is not what I'm going for.. I like how the tower narrows as it goes higher, and don't want to loose that effect.. so I would like to keep it like this:

/ \
/ \

Ok, if you want to keep the perspective of the top you have to flair the bottom. The two photos both have different perspectives, one has to be matched to the other or you get that distorted look. Here is the bottom matched to the toop:

churchbigcopy4bd.jpg

thats more like it :) hmm.. I'm starting to think that is like near impossible to get rid of the fault in the prespective..:s its still looks a little bit off to me.. but its getting better :) now all I have to do is learn how I can do it myself :p Thanks for you help!

No problem, It would be alot easier to distort the botom image to match the top before stitching. Once they joined you have to try to change one part of the image without affecting the rest. just play around with the distort, perspective and pinch tools. If you have photoshop CS2 try using warp and the lens correcdtion filter. It also helps to use a tripod when doing panoramas to keep everything lined up. Good luck :)

thanks for the advice. I dont have photoshop..:( only paintshop (yeahyeah, I know, photo is for photos, paint is for digi paintings..) but Ill see what I can do with the tools I have.

Btw, I did use a tripod.. but because the church was so close to the camera, no matter what you do, you'll always get that distortion between the two pics.

Most reactions

Back